Whats your thoughts Case Keenum to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your thoughts Case Keenum to start

Well with all the pressure from fans and I assume the owner Case Keenum will finally start and make his long overdue nfl debut.. so what's everyone one else think about it????

My thoughts definitely a good thing he can throw the ball ( he did come from a uofh which had a high passing game) so that fits with kubiak always wanting to throw the ball. He's mobile so he's not gonna curl up to the fetal postion when the pocket collapses. Yes there will be bumps and bruises along the way but it's gonna be far far better than schaub or Yates. And let him get the bumps and bruises now so next year he can run away with the starting job

Been a fan of Case. About damn time
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Well, in the NFL, he can't scramble the way he did at UofH when he couldn't find a wr to throw to. His arm isn't that strong, he floats and put lots of air under balls and relies on the receivers to run under it. Can't do that in the pros... IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

See what happened with Arian Foster? When he got his chance he shined. I'm a believer in fate. If its meant to be it will happen. Hope he shines. College football is nothing compared to the NFL
        210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
        125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

I hope he shines.. but lets not forget that they playing the #1 defense in the league..
          175 tropheus Chaitika
          125 tropheus Ujiji
          90 tropheus Nkonde

Comment

All I'm gonna say is this is the NFL not college. He's never started a game and now he's starting against one of the, if not the best, team in the NFL right now. I hope he does good, but my hopes aren't that high. Texans are in a major funk right now, maybe this is the change we need. Oh, not to mention Owens is out too...
            20g mixed reef

Comment

Trial by fire, best way to make an impression.

Comment

Time to sink or swim

Comment

it will be interesting to see. at this point in the season...what other options do you have? you know what you get with yates, so why not give him a try.

being the outside looking in since i am not a texans fan...i question his size. he is REALLY undersized for an NFL qb standard. i dont believe what he is listed as 6-1 and 205 lbs. mobile or not, defense are faster than college. he has not faced a starting defense yet and Andy Reid has that KC defense firing on all cylinders.

As Sunny put it...trial by fire...but i wouldnt expect him to light it up. he will need to adjust to NFL regular season game speed. it is vastly different than preseason speed - where he only faced backups

Comment

How tall is Russell Wilson? He seems to be doing just fine.

Comment

There are other small quarterbacks true... But the chips are significantly stacked against them. The only other great short qb I can think of is Brees. Wilson might well be on his way but I still want to see more to feel sure.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 4

Comment

i agree there are exceptions...brees is not very tall or wilson. both of them though have strong arms. i have not heard much of keenum's arm strength. of course wilson is far more mobile than brees. either way still doesnt make me feel to good seeing a 350 pound lineman coming at an undersized QB.

they both succeed in different ways...wilson with his legs and brees makes quick decisions and gets the ball out fast. it will be learning on the job to see how keenum reacts

Comment

Well old timers like Steve going and Joe Montana were only 6'1" 6'2" 205-215lbs and look what they did size is not that big of a factor it's how tough you are

Comment

Brett farve is 6'2" like 220ish

Comment

6'1 or above is the height they look for. You see how Brees slides to the side for throwing alleys? That's because otherwise he has to throw over 6'4 and 6'5 lineman

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Working...
                              X