No announcement yet.

FOTAS 2013 - Details and link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best in show betta was a blue longfin and only went for $25, dirt cheap or BIS. I got a couple of bettas, some guppies and corys.

Comment

Hello all first time posting here and at one of those auctions. I picked a bunch of fish and some supplies at good - great prices, had to limit myself at the end due to running out of space in my little car, need to bring my truck next time :) (even had fish in the glove box haha) Jughead nice to have met you and thanks for the assistance on the oxygen in a couple of my bags. Kind of half met some others there maybe not by name but in the spirit of fun, laughs and comments about the buys being made at the auction. Beto I'm not sure but I may have been sitting across the aisle from you at one point when you got some of those nice fish you mentioned.
      Last edited by jcfish; 10-28-2013, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=93fd08b973

Usually I stay to the very end, but had to leave due to other plans. I was the guy wearing the black Godzilla T-shirt. Nice to see the books I brought selling so well. Had fun.
        PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

Hello there yes I recall seeing you there and happen to be in the background in 1-2 of the pictures you took in the light blue collared shirt with assorted freshwater trout on it with a whole bunch of bags of fish at the feet of my girlfriend and I. There were a lot of great books there. Nice to kinda sorta in a round about way meet you :)

Comment

It was a GREAT auction.....have never seen so many quality items up for auction. Fish heavy, not alot of old equipment or tanks. Every auction is so different - you never know what to expect! As always, had a great time! Troy, nice to finally meet you and thank you for the fish. Beto my friend, always a pleasure, thank you so much. I will get your tote back to you asap. Clay, I simply adore Mr. Bigshot! He's a beauty. Thanks to all my fishy friends!!!
            Thanks so much,
            Lydia
            409-499-1279

Comment

Originally posted by BettieL View Post
              The best in show betta was a blue longfin and only went for $25, dirt cheap or BIS. I got a couple of bettas, some guppies and corys.
              My understanding was that the best of show was not sold and went back home to the breeder. Best of Show Reserve (#2 overall) was for sale, and I got it.

Here are some videos from my trip:

Prepping the betta for the show:

My betta at the show:

Altum angels at Aquarium Design Group:

Gold fish aquarium at Aquarium Design Group:

Eureka Red Peacock that I picked up at Fish R Us:

Comment

What was that pleco the guy was talking about at the very beginning of auction that no one had ever seen an they auctioned it off? Like a reverse spotted snowball or something. I Was still getting the whole "wow, lotta fish here, what to do oh what to do" out of my system when he was first talking!

Comment

It was an L264 Grey Leporacanthicus...
                  Charles Jones
                  http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                  Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Originally posted by ruston123fishing View Post
                    What was that pleco the guy was talking about at the very beginning of auction that no one had ever seen an they auctioned it off? Like a reverse spotted snowball or something. I Was still getting the whole "wow, lotta fish here, what to do oh what to do" out of my system when he was first talking!
                    L264. It is pretty common. Not sure why he said that. Maybe he had never ordered one before.

Edit...Charles bet me to the response while I was watching my videos lol

Comment

when have you seen one of those at an auction before? are those common in stores now?
                      Charles Jones
                      http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dems-i...unders-intent/

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have. --Thomas Jefferson
                      Guns are responsible for killing people much the way pencils are responsible for misspelling words.

Comment

Never at the Houston auction. But yes, I see them in stores pretty often. I would call it one of the more "common" fancy plecos.

Comment

So....it's not the sole surviver from a lost canal 2 miles under the Egyptian pyramids? Remember what the High bid was? Hopefully buyer didn't go to far overboard!

Comment

Is the person who got the ameca splendens on here?

Comment

Originally posted by ruston123fishing View Post
                              So....it's not the sole surviver from a lost canal 2 miles under the Egyptian pyramids? Remember what the High bid was? Hopefully buyer didn't go to far overboard!
                              I don't remember what it went for. Ironically, I would say that I see it more than the flash pleco or the mustard spot pleco. I really had a blast. I only had two bad incidents (and I use that loosely): when the I bought the "best in show" betta for $30, only to find out it was not, and when I saw that Jim brought the pleco book that sold for $30. I was amazed at what my bettas went for..I think so were the betta people!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dien16 View Post
                                Is the person who got the ameca splendens on here?
                                yup

Comment

Working...
                                X