• Show
Clear All

They should spawn again soon
    280g:peacocks
    210g : haps
    12g : shellies
    (4) 55g:breeding tanks

Comment

Thanks. It was their first time spawning. They are still to Juv.
      Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Mine are on their third cycle of spawing/eating eggs. I'm just letting them do their thing... they'll either get it eventually or be taken out of the gene pool! :)
        All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

I may move them. They are in the big tank. With 35 other fish and some of the bigger ones are over 6 in.
          They will get it right in time...

Comment

I only have two surinamesis in my tank. might be both same sex i am not sure. Are elongated fins the easiest way to tell? One has very long and one markedly shorter.

I dont know if they would breed anyway if they are a male and female. both their tails are ripped up, so someone in their tank is being a jerk.
            Last edited by morpheus; 04-24-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Most the time with fish. The males will be the. Britest colored. My Surinamensis has pointed fines. I beleave it's a male.
              What do you have as tank mates for them?

Comment

tankmates are a male black convict, a 6-inch or so "assorted peacock cichlid" - never found out what he is really, a jewel cichlid, two silver dollars, and a common black pleco. tank size is 56 gal. the surinamesis and pleco are the only ones with torn fins.

the jewel essentially just stays in a tree and only comes out to eat. i dont think that one is the problem. the silver dollars arent aggressive either, so that leaves the convict and the peacock.

i have tried to find a trade partner for the convict, peacock and jewel without success. all LFS were just saying you can donate and we give you nothing. the peacock and black convict used to be in my 75 with mbunas and a JD, but were getting constantly chased and beaten. i had to move them or let them die.

if i got rid of the suspected problem pair i think the geos would heal up. or i was thinking of adding in a faster schooling type fish like roseline sharks to distract them, but still get along fine with the geos.

Comment

I would give them there own 55g. On the next $1.00 a gal. sale. Then you could add One more. then they may breed.

Comment

yes i would prefer a tank for just them, but i dont have room right now for another tank that size. my thoughts are if they breed great. otherwise they are just nice looking fish for show. hopefully i can find a home for the trouble makers someday.

Comment

If your looking for a cool schooling fish, I put in 30 buenos aires tetras in my geo tank. They are big enough that they won't be eaten and are fun to watch

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Comment

They do laps arou nd the tank

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Little vid of my geo tank before I added sand and the geos, you can see the tetras schooling. Added 10 more since this vid

Comment

i have some buenos aires tetras in another tank. many larger tetras would work like congo tetras, emperors, red blue Colombians, bleeding hearts, etc.

Comment

The color on the buenos aires are really nice

Comment

Nice look around your fish room. Gambs.

Comment

Working...
                                X