Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoubleDutch's Cory-addiction

I keep ;
    - 8 Corydoras Paleatus (pne yellow blue eyes)
    - 20 of a small Corydoras Aeneus
    - about 60 fry of those
    - 8 Corydoras Aeneus albino
    - 6 Corydoras large Aeneus emerald
    - 2 Corydoras large Aeneus red
    - 2 Corydoras Habrosus (getting 10 more soon)
    - 9 Corydoras Pygmaeus
    - 13 Corydoras Panda
    - getting 4 unknown species this weekend

So you could say it's an addiction. Some pics:

Cory's are very pretty little fish. I can see why so many people like them.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

They are. Never seen more peacefull fish than these guys. Even small neontetras can be small agressive towards eachother.

Comment

DoubleDutch's Cory-addiction

Comment

I have never kepped corys. I have a lot of bottom feeding Cichlids. Geophagus. But I enjoy seeing every bodys fish.
          Your corys are beautiful. Thanks for sharing...

Comment

Troy, you should try your hand at some corys! :) My geos and corys do well together and they come from the same biotope as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

I like how they look, but for some reason i never had luck keeping corys alive. tanks were always in good condition, peaceful tank mates, tanks were planted back then, etc. Nobody could explain my bad luck. I had females lay eggs but all the males were gone. One day i will try again

Comment

I really like the pandas and the blacks. I may have to try them.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                  I like how they look, but for some reason i never had luck keeping corys alive. tanks were always in good condition, peaceful tank mates, tanks were planted back then, etc. Nobody could explain my bad luck. I had females lay eggs but all the males were gone. One day i will try again
                  Mmmm most Corys aren't very difficult to keep overhere. Don't know waterparameters in Houston (they can't stand Chlorine aso). And realise they are omnivores, but 95% carnivores. Some people think they are algaeeaters : they aren't. If too short on protein they'll get sick.

Comment

Yesterday got 4 of these.

Comment

And the breeder gave me a sign she has 15 Corydoras waiting for me.

Comment

what do you call the new one?

Comment

Think they are C.Leucomelas. Tried to get comfirmation from the experts overhere, but didn't get uptill now.

Comment

All these cory pics make me want some. Those blacks and banded cories have always piqued my interest. That or some of the hoplo/porthole cats... Great pics and a very diverse Corydoras selection
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                            Desiderius Erasmus
                            GHAC President

Comment

Thanks. I like corys because they are the most easy going catfish to my beleive. Another thing is that in Europe we normally make use of smaller tanks compared to other countrys. We talk about dwarf cichlids but for instance in South Africa and America they keep huge ones hahhaha. The hoplos are known here as Kwikwi (surinam name and consumed there). Think they have more / different needs than most Corys. If I could i'd keep a huge shoal of Corys. Like this one http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cWIVCdLOImw

Comment

Working...
                              X