Is there a DR. in the house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a DR. in the house?

Have dwarf neon rainbow with what looks like a ulcer on side of body. It's redish with 2 small lumps. It's approx. 1/4" long, maybe 1/8" wide. Need help on identity and treatment. Thanks for the help. Stu

It could be an infected bite or a parasite. Is it the only fish in the tank that's affected? What other livestock do you have in the tank? Could you post a picture of the ulcer?

The initial treatment I always do is Epsom salt at 1 tbsp per 5 gallons and parasite guard (if you don't have invertebrates like snails and shrimp).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

It is the only fish with this. Other fish in tank: Apistos, Leopard frog pleco, grudgeon, rummy nose, marble hatchets, no inverts. I do keep Epson salt in tank, but not at full strength.

Comment

Without any pics, and if only that fish is the only one showing signs of this, i would guess the apisto nipped him. The epsom and parasite guard will stem any possible infection. if you are worried about increasing the concentration of epsom in the tank, and have a sick tank available, then just move the one fish and treat it by itself

Comment

Need detailed information and photos to make a diagnosis. Otherwise, you will just get a variety of guesses, some which may be accurate. Mike

Comment

Working...
          X