No announcement yet.

Next Houston Aquarium Society Auction: August 18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some folks post what theyre bringing,usually a little closer to auction time.if youre looking for something,post it.the auction is at the american legion hall,hwy 3,1 block north of dixie farm road.look for the jet in the parking lot.across the street from ellington.

Comment

Originally posted by snailtrax View Post
      I was planning on 'flooding the market' with the last couple of dozen of my babies. At the Spring auction, it seemed like several people brought them and they went pretty cheap, but at least they went. :) Speaking as someone who lives near the auction, but miles from everything else, I'd love to have a shot at bidding on some LF's. Don't think many of those were up for bids last time.
      Homeless Aquatics has LF ABN for a cheap price.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Originally posted by jughead View Post
        some folks post what theyre bringing,usually a little closer to auction time.if youre looking for something,post it.the auction is at the american legion hall,hwy 3,1 block north of dixie farm road.look for the jet in the parking lot.across the street from ellington.
        +1. I've seen items posted before they go to auction in the past. I might bring some shrimplets to auction off.

Comment

Im looking for dwarf rainbows mel praecox. also 2-3" female kenyi
          Any one interested in large male C. Borleyi, Crocodile Rock also several 3", 4" acei, 4" jewel fish pair, brichardi fry, female kribs, red empress fry 1 1/2"?

Comment

Last one I went to had tons of red empress going for dirt cheap. Like $1 a bag of 5 fry.

Those praecox are cool. Fish Ranch had some a long while back.

Comment

Clay can you post the info. Where, When,and Hows. This will be My first time. What do I need to do to sale or buy?
              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

PLEASE JOIN US AT THE
                HOUSTON AQUARIUM SOCIETY’S

SPRING LIVE FISH AUCTION

(FISH, PLANTS, SUPPLIES, AQUARIUMS AND MORE)

DATE: - SUNDAY -
                March 17, 2013

11 AM START - 10 AM SELLERS/BIDDERS CHECK-IN

AMERICAN LEGION POST 11702 OLD GALVESTON ROAD
                HOUSTON, TX 77034

(WHERE THE JET IS)

THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PICK UP SOME GREAT FISH THAT YOU NEVER SEE IN STORES AS

WELL AS SOME COOL STUFF AT THE SILENT AUCTION! DON’T MISS IT!!

Please no outside food or drink! NO SMOKING per Houston Ordinance!

The American Legion is having their monthly "Steak Dinner Night" on the same date. A delicious steak with baked potato and salad dinner will be available for purchase in the afternoon.

www.houstonaquariumsociety.org

Please email any questions to marauder_77868@yahoo.com
                Here's details from past auction. Time and place never changes. To bid, you sign up. There's no specific time, just when you get there. Not entirely sure about selling as I've never sold anything at these things.

$10 steaks ftw!

Comment

I might come to this as well.
                  Just starting up again and wouldn't mind taking a look around on some equipment, plants and fish.

Comment

Thanks Mista. Right now I have no inter webby at the house. So I can't look up stuff.
                    I know there has to be some moneys to join to sale. How much will that be and what about bags for fish?
                    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I don't believe there is a cost to sell.to bid,you need to be a member or buy a bidder card.the card has been $5 in the past.rules may have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by jughead View Post
                        I don't believe there is a cost to sell.to bid,you need to be a member or buy a bidder card.the card has been $5 in the past.rules may have changed.
                        +1. $5 bidder card unless you're a member. For selling, I thought they take a cut from the sale?

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                          Homeless Aquatics has LF ABN for a cheap price.

I know ! And I'd love to buy some if I didn't have to drive from the back-side of La Porte to get 'em !
                          So,again, hoping someone will bring some to the auction. I'd like a chance at some mini-schoolers, too, like Ember Tetras. I will probably bring some easy plants, too, like guppy grass, Java moss, and crypts.

Polly Snailtrax

60 gal. with 3 big old clown loaches
                          10 gal. planted with guppies and LF plecos

Comment

HAS website is awful. Still says TBA. HA, HA, I fooled all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by snailtrax View Post
                              I know ! And I'd love to buy some if I didn't have to drive from the back-side of La Porte to get 'em !
                              So,again, hoping someone will bring some to the auction. I'd like a chance at some mini-schoolers, too, like Ember Tetras. I will probably bring some easy plants, too, like guppy grass, Java moss, and crypts.

Polly Snailtrax
                              Doubt Ember tetras will be there. Last time there was plenty of all those plants you mentioned. Homeless Aquatics also has tons of "mini schoolers". $10 of gas is definitely worth the trip.

Comment

If you're going to be in the area, HAW has some nice ember tetras usually. Call ahead and confirm. I saw some at fish gallery last week too.

Sent from my iPhone by one of my fish
                                All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Working...
                                X