No announcement yet.

Floating Canopy - Thanks again, Justin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating Canopy - Thanks again, Justin!

So, I had Justin build me a canopy back in February and I just recently had the chance to get it attached to the wall. This thing has to be 50lbs, so it took some thought to get it hung securely. That being said, here are some pictures of the canopy. Nothing flashy as I wanted a nice, clean design that matched the stand. I would have had Justin build me a stand for it, but believe it or not, it would have voided my warranty on this tank.

Since there wasn't much to this build (although, I suck at woodwork), this was the only picture that Justin sent me from his cell phone. I wanted it to be black with white laminate on the inside. He recommended the trim to match the stand.

Here's a picture of it on the tank. I built those temporary supports because... well... I'm a busy guy.

Here's a straight shot of how it looked for "MONTHS!" Yuck! But, it got the job done.

This weekend I had a few hours to spare, so I pinned the honkin' canopy on the wall. Here are some pics of that endeavor:

Removal...

Header board...leveling-out...

Screwing the header board back in place (no drill used here!).

Much better!

:)

Now to put the lights back in there.

Lights on shot!

Angled.

Just look at all that space I have to work with now!

I highly recommend a floating canopy to most of my reefing buddies (though most don't do it, for whatever reasons they have). It gives you the best of both worlds... you have a canopy, and you have a topless tank at the same time. Gas exchange is phenomenal, maintenance is a breeze, and it gives a traditional design a contemporary feel.

Thanks again Justin! You do things exactly as I expect, but even better. :)

Please let me know if you have any questions and have a great one!

Leo - Flipside

Wow looks awesome

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. It looks great FINALLY hanging up there. Glad I couls be of service
      Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

It looks great!
        20g mixed reef

Comment

It looks really good Mr. Henry you do outstanding work
          125g: Empty For Now
          90g: Planted S.A.

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”
          Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

awesome