No announcement yet.

Galveston peppermint vs tank raised peppermint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had good luck with catching them and keeping them in my reef. The key is to go to the jetties on a low tide like right after a cold front. But I would hurry...they won't stick around too much longer with the water beginning to cool off. I think it's still warm enough for them right now but it won't be too much longer. I had the best luck in late May/June. I have a friend who used to catch them by the bucket full and sell them to LFS around Bay Area.

Comment

Originally posted by judsoncrouch View Post
      I've had good luck with catching them and keeping them in my reef. The key is to go to the jetties on a low tide like right after a cold front. But I would hurry...they won't stick around too much longer with the water beginning to cool off. I think it's still warm enough for them right now but it won't be too much longer. I had the best luck in late May/June. I have a friend who used to catch them by the bucket full and sell them to LFS around Bay Area.
      Which jetty were you having such good luck at during low tide?

Comment

Don't use local peps if you do Lps. They ate my acans. They are cool to have and are fine with sps and zoas but hammer candycane acans etc.... They munch on them.

Comment

What's the best way to catch them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With a net durring the warm months on the jettys in Galveston. They hang out in the pooled water between rocks. You will find all sorts of life you never expected to be there.

Comment

Interesting. Thank you!

Comment

No problem. Expect blennies, puffer fish, shrimp, snails, and more. There is a sticky on all the different species you find there and in the seaweed. Remember it's a summer thjng tho.

Comment

Duly noted. Kind regards!

Comment

Working...
                  X