Identification of cat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification of cat...

Hi all, I purchased this catfish from a local petshop, they had it labelled as unknown?
    Can you tell me what I have baught please?

Also underneath its mouth and its whole underside is getting an orange/blue tint, like oil on water type of colour, is this normal???

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368804028.686274.jpg

Looks like a stripped pictus cat but it is hard to tell...

Comment

Sorry for the poor quality photo, my camera is being repaired so only have iphone camera, I will try to snap some more

Comment

Originally posted by jeb102385 View Post
        Looks like a stripped pictus cat but it is hard to tell...
        +1 it looks liek a regular pictus cat fish, they thend to have that blue/silver color on their body and according to the light it will reflect different color.
        75g Tank,
        2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
        2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
        10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
        10g Tank
        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

I thought that but all the pics iv seen have spots and this one has no spots at all

Comment

Ok hope these pics are better,

And is this featherfin pregnant? Or just overweight lol
            Attached Files

Comment

It is a stripped pictus cat and a synodontis eupterus "featherfin cat". Never have seen a pregnant eupterus but that just looks like its had a lot to eat. How much food are feeding?

Comment

Normal feeding is when lights go off at night, they have tetra 'tetramin' flake as much as they can eat in 2 minutes and algae wafer for the plecs and sometimes as a treat I put in cucumber.

Comment

Feed when lights are on and cut back on the food. Cut it by half. too much food is hitting the ground that's why he is so fat. I feed sparingly, about half what you are feeding every other day.

Comment

Ok I'll try that, I started off at first following instructions on the tub, says as much as they can eat in 2 mins 5-6 times Daily. Definitely too much lol so I went down to once daily, I feed at lights out because I have 70 % nocturnal feeders

Comment

They will come out to eat... believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by jeb102385 View Post
                        They will come out to eat... believe me.
                        Lmao I had 3 bumblebee catfish who would wake up when the shrimp pellets hit the water and would shoot out like greased lightning and grab as many pellets and go back in the pineapple!

Sent from my TARDIS using Xparent Green Taptalk

Comment

Originally posted by CharlesTheG View Post
                          Lmao I had 3 bumblebee catfish who would wake up when the shrimp pellets hit the water and would shoot out like greased lightning and grab as many pellets and go back in the pineapple!

Bumblebee cats are hilarious. One of mine has taken refuge in a hidden crack in the driftwood that's about .5" wide. He'll pop out quickly to grab food and sneak back in.

Comment

Pimelodus Blochii? Four Lined Pictus catfish. They get quite sizable and become insatiable piscivores in a tank. I had one years back that reached 8-10" and eventually ate all its friends, until he was the only thing left in the tank.
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                            Desiderius Erasmus
                            GHAC President

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                              Bumblebee cats are hilarious. One of mine has taken refuge in a hidden crack in the driftwood that's about .5" wide. He'll pop out quickly to grab food and sneak back in.
                              Haha nice! One of mine would hide head first into aa castle thing and about a quarter of his body would be hanging out in the open they are awesome until they started eating my neons :(

Comment

Working...
                              X