Mantis Shrimp #2 The Peacock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timber317 View Post
    You can get these for next to nothing if your timing is right. Every winter in January and February they are in abundance in our bay systems. The shrimpers catch them by the thousands and in turn pass them off to the bait camps. You can meet the shrimpers where they dock at and arrange for some of these live. Plan to go and talk 1 day ahead of time for an arrangement to be picked up the next day. The shrimpers go out on a daily basis this time of year and are in port every day so it's not all that hard to do. The boats down by the bridge in Kemah will be more than happy to accommodate you once they know you want some. Planning is everything.
    Dude that is awesome! have to scoop one that way, I am all about CHEAP

Comment

Looks brighter than this one but says it can have the red in it as well but its one awsome mantis

Comment

When I use to go fishing basically everyday, I would always see them things mixed in With my ribbon fish an fresh chum. Soon as ide see it ide damn near pass out. Not to cool when your reaching in a bucket n pull one of them alien lookin things out! Never seen one with all those colors though

Comment

Bummer, oh well. I got a colorful mantis.
          Ruston, it all depends on location. The ones that are served as food in Vietnam is turd brown, not very appealing.
          Will trade Fish Stuff for Camera Lens and Anime Figures.

Comment

Working...
          X