Fish related activity , going down !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish related activity , going down !

Ok so iv been a member here for about two years now. Iv noticed lately that there is fewer and fewer threads being started and kept going about fish stuff. Seems like the threads that have the high posts have very lil if anything to deal with fish in general. Not that post counts matter but this is a fish page that were all part of here. Its as tho this is becoming more of a social drama discussion board. I liked this page cause it was great for the hobby and helps people get more involved in what we all like. But i have seen that what gets more attention is the rants and bickering that takes place in psots more than the good fish discussions or fish topics. Im not saying any names or pointing fingers as we are all guilty of it , but i just miss how id sighn in to the box and see all kinds of new threads about fish things and what people had to say on topics and info shared.
    5 gal baby hecqui grow out
    7 gal baby compressicps
    14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
    4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
    100 gal mixed community tank
    125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Agreed. I'm trying to get back into it but there's not too many threads to comment on regarding fishy stuff. Stay tuned though... My 105 is back up and the new fish are going in on Sunday!!! That means... New tank journal with pics!
    All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

I like to post pictures
      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

I believe that the cast majority of active members are into Tangs, specifically Tropheus and Petros. There was a plethora of essential information regarding these fish around 2007-2009, if my estimates are correct. That is when people were seriously dipping into tropheus for the first time, now it's kinda old news. If there's something I don't know, I look at the archives and find it. If then, I can't find it, I ask and there haven't been many times where I asked a question and didn't get the information I was seeking. People might not be starting threads that may seem informative, but we still have very knowledgeable members. Whether people agree or disagree on specific topics and controversial threads, we are all still one strong community.
        210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
        125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

I agree, with Moganman. 50% of you guys are into tropheus and petros, another good 60% into salt and the remaining into the remaining speciaes and types of set ups. i think i can name about 5-7 people that do South American fish. and we spent most of the time cominging on off topic things or making fun of others. i would love to see this site into the old days with lots of information.
          75g Tank,
          2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
          2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
          10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
          10g Tank
          Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

The water around here is pretty much perfect for Rift lake fish so a majority of people will keep those. I wish that their were more shell dweller people.
            Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by R_sustaita View Post
              I agree, with Moganman. 50% of you guys are into tropheus and petros, another good 60% into salt and the remaining into the remaining speciaes and types of set ups. i think i can name about 5-7 people that do South American fish. and we spent most of the time cominging on off topic things or making fun of others. i would love to see this site into the old days with lots of information.
              It's already at 110% how much more can be the remaining? LOL just messin. I'm one of those who don't keep trophs and petros mainly because I've been around them for so long that I just don't care to keep them. South American biotopes are amazing!

I'm with B. There's not much to comment/post on regarding fish stuff. Though there are some threads recently with decent info, I'd love to see more. Hopefully the new market will induce this.

Comment

Seriously though, and I've said this a million times before, this community has pretty much saved me. I've met some of my best friends in Texas through HFB and GHAC. I have no family here so some of you guys have become my TX family. So yeah, I agree with Josiah... We are one strong community and most of us sincere folks will have each other's backs.
                Ok mushy stuff completed. Time to pick up some burgers and fries from Five Guys! It's my first night off in 10 nights!!! YAYUH!

Comment

Originally posted by aquabee View Post
                  Seriously though, and I've said this a million times before, this community has pretty much saved me. I've met some of my best friends in Texas through HFB and GHAC. I have no family here so some of you guys have become my TX family. So yeah, I agree with Josiah... We are one strong community and most of us sincere folks will have each other's backs.
                  Ok mushy stuff completed. Time to pick up some burgers and fries from Five Guys! It's my first night off in 10 nights!!! YAYUH!
                  I wish I had friends
                  Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                    I wish I had friends
                    Shut up. I'm ur friend whether u like it or not and no I won't stop texting u boring facts about my day.

Comment

Shut up. I'm ur friend whether u like it or not and no I won't stop texting u boring facts about my day.
                      I see.
                      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

I try and post in most threads I feel I have something to depart or contribute in. I can't say I am not given to frustration or aggression on occasion. I can say I hope to do better in the future and add to our community and knowledge that those new to the hobby can learn from and appreciate.
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                        Desiderius Erasmus
                        GHAC President

Comment

Good point, Donovan. We have noticed the same, and it is definitely something we've talked about and decided to try to improve what we can, personally. I think the new changes to the B/S/T might encourage this, or perhaps just weed out some people who like to argue and well, B/S/T more than share- not a terrible thing, by any means.

Seriously though, and I've said this a million times before, this community has pretty much saved me. I've met some of my best friends in Texas through HFB and GHAC. I have no family here so some of you guys have become my TX family. So yeah, I agree with Josiah... We are one strong community and most of us sincere folks will have each other's backs...
                          + 100000000. Roughly.

Originally posted by sunkenmetal View Post
                          I see.
                          You love it.
                          "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                            It's already at 110% how much more can be the remaining? LOL just messin. I'm one of those who don't keep trophs and petros mainly because I've been around them for so long that I just don't care to keep them. South American biotopes are amazing!

I'm with B. There's not much to comment/post on regarding fish stuff. Though there are some threads recently with decent info, I'd love to see more. Hopefully the new market will induce this.
                            Im doing a 75g SA and my bro has a 100g SA, and bee at times does too.
                            75g Tank,
                            2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                            2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                            10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                            10g Tank
                            Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Lol! At times. Yes, I spose that is true. :-/

Comment

Working...
                              X