IMPORTANT - Fish Market - PERMISSIONS CHANGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
    Kills me each time I see a member with more threads started as sales threads than actual threads about fish keeping. :(
    this happens also when your a deek some people choose to not share fish related threads
    but that's life
    Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

Originally posted by Jozle View Post
      Don't know about everyone else, but I find this a bit displeasing. Pain in the ***.

No... That is a pain in the @ss! Someone put their wallet in my mouth so I don't swallow my tongue!

Comment

Well done to moderators to come to this decision, as well. I think it's a great idea.

Comment

How will this affect sponsor postings?

Comment

Originally posted by thecichlidsplace View Post
            How will this affect sponsor postings?
            It doesn't. Sponsors don't post in the Fish Market.
            Our Fishhouse
            Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
              It doesn't. Sponsors don't post in the Fish Market.
              oh..ok, thanks.

Comment

not being able to post on a bst thread=bad.come on,give us another chance.we know how to act on a forum,we will behave

Comment

Originally posted by jughead View Post
                  not being able to post on a bst thread=bad.come on,give us another chance.we know how to act on a forum,we will behave
                  haha, if she gave it another chance it would be around chance number 4 or 5 I think.

Comment

Re: IMPORTANT - Fish Market - PERMISSIONS CHANGE

this is good it just makes the buy sell threads more professional.

big ups
                    Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

Re: IMPORTANT - Fish Market - PERMISSIONS CHANGE

Originally posted by NDsuperduty View Post
                      haha, if she gave it another chance it would be around chance number 4 or 5 I think.
                      More like chance 369952688247

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Just an idea - how about allowing posting in the BST but a change in infarction rules to make it stricter in regards to posting in BST? (Not to say that the rules weren't strict before).

For example: First time infarction = warning. Second time = perm-ban in posting in BST (since this is what it has come down to anyways.)

IMO, you shouldn't punish everyone for the actions of a few.

Comment

Thats too much work. Posting in the BST is unnecessary. If you want it you talk to the person. If you are selling something then answer PMs. This isn't a punishment this is just to make things run more smoothly

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                            Just an idea - how about allowing posting in the BST but a change in infarction rules to make it stricter in regards to posting in BST? (Not to say that the rules weren't strict before).

For example: First time infarction = warning. Second time = perm-ban in posting in BST (since this is what it has come down to anyways.)

IMO, you shouldn't punish everyone for the actions of a few.
                            Honestly, if I had the time to make moderating the Fish Market my full time job, this wouldn't be a bad idea, but I just don't. And even with a ton of moderators, there are still those members who need to argue about why their posts get deleted, why they got an infraction, etc. Also, whenever bans come into play, there is the extra time spent making sure that the banned member isn't just creating a new user account and posting anyway. It's extremely time consuming...and I just don't have the time in the day to deal with it.

It's not really a punishment. It's just that you all will use a PM to ask questions about the item, or tell the seller you want to buy. It's the same communication, just a different place to discuss it.
                            Our Fishhouse
                            Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Not that im against it , but i think itll make it a lil more difficult on both the seller and the buyer this way. But u had to do what u had to do.
                              5 gal baby hecqui grow out
                              7 gal baby compressicps
                              14 bio cube fry tank, multies-orange leleupi-telmatochromis
                              4 tank rack- 30 cubes. Shellies, mulities-brevis-telmatochromis-caudopunctaus
                              100 gal mixed community tank
                              125 Tropheus black bembas

Tanngankia cichlids what else

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                                Honestly, if I had the time to make moderating the Fish Market my full time job, this wouldn't be a bad idea, but I just don't. And even with a ton of moderators, there are still those members who need to argue about why their posts get deleted, why they got an infraction, etc. Also, whenever bans come into play, there is the extra time spent making sure that the banned member isn't just creating a new user account and posting anyway. It's extremely time consuming...and I just don't have the time in the day to deal with it.

It's not really a punishment. It's just that you all will use a PM to ask questions about the item, or tell the seller you want to buy. It's the same communication, just a different place to discuss it.
                                Makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                                X