IMPORTANT - Fish Market - PERMISSIONS CHANGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jozle View Post
    So no more meeting/talking new people/strangers on the sale threads. So does this disable our bump abilities?
    Yes, no more bumps aka spamming
    75g Tank,
    2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
    2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
    10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
    10g Tank
    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

So no more meeting/talking new people/strangers on the sale threads. So does this disable our bump abilities?
      No. As Traci posted, you are the only one who can post on there. Which means, you can still bump your thread.

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
      Very shortly I will be changing the permissions on the Fish Market forums. Going forward, members will no longer be able to post a reply in any threads. If you are interested in an item, contact the Seller via PM. Anyone can create a new thread, but then only you will be able to post. If enough people contact you via PM asking the same question, you can update your thread with that information, but no members (except the OP) will be able to create a post in the thread.

Comment

Wait, someone actually reading the rules?

I'm "thanks" you for that once I'm off mobile version.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Yep...

North American Discus Association, Secretary (N.A.D.A.)
          N.A.D.A Facebook
          Jester - S0S Crew Texas

Comment

So what happens if we want to vouch for something/someone that is listed to help them sell?

Comment

Originally posted by bluemonkey View Post
              So what happens if we want to vouch for something/someone that is listed to help them sell?
              You don't. That was part of the problems we were having. Discussions out of good intentions were being put up against discussions that just went off the rails for one reason or another. Someone would post something positive, but still not having anything to do buying or selling an item, then someone else would post something that was just off-topic. Then everyone would get all whipped up in a frenzy. This avoids all of that. No Discussions will mean no discussions. For the record, I actually liked being able to vouch for people. I've done it. I think it's good. But we can't have both without having to spend all day policing that section of HFB.
              Our Fishhouse
              Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Don't know about everyone else, but I find this a bit displeasing. Pain in the ***.
                Will trade Fish Stuff for Camera Lens and Anime Figures.

Comment

Re: IMPORTANT - Fish Market - PERMISSIONS CHANGE

Don't know about everyone else, but I find this a bit displeasing. Pain in the ***.
                  How so? I sell stuff on TPT and I really like what they got going on over there. All the threads are ongoing sales as you're only allowed one active sale and there's an option to mark as sold, the threads are nice and clean, and there aren't any new members without posts making sale threads. I'm hoping our B/S/T will be exactly like theirs eventually. We don't need all of these randoms joining just to sell at retail value or buy at next to nothing.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
                    .... there aren't any new members without posts making sale threads.
                    Kills me each time I see a member with more threads started as sales threads than actual threads about fish keeping. :(
                    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Re: IMPORTANT - Fish Market - PERMISSIONS CHANGE

You're hilarious Josh you can't use the B/S/T to socialize and meet new ppl. There's the rest of the forum for that.
                      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
                        Kills me each time I see a member with more threads started as sales threads than actual threads about fish keeping. :(

+1

Hopefully this will get everyone refocused on discussing actual topics about fish keeping and tank topics.

Comment

Originally posted by danielp View Post
                          +1

Hopefully this will get everyone refocused on discussing actual topics about fish keeping and tank topics.
                          +2, I think this is a great idea and hopefully will pull the focus back to the actual discussions on the forum.
                          "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

all threads should be like this.
                            Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

I Agree. No more BS in the market is a good thing...
                              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
                                I Agree. No more BS in the market is a good thing...
                                +1 its a place to sell stuff. Have all have your friendly discussions elsewhere
                                Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

Working...
                                X