Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a month

Hi everybody!

Some of you texted me asking where I've been and if everything is alright. Well, the answer is I'm fine & everything is ok with ME. The rest of my family, not so much!

Shawn has been sick more than not this year & is scheduled for surgery this Wednesday. He's looking at a minimum of 2 weeks recovery time with the first 10 days being excruciatingly painful. Oh... flipping... joy. Tonsillectomy & adenoidectomy at 35 is gonna be rough on him. Doc said prepare for the worst & probably a trip or 2 back to the hospital to stop the bleeding. So not looking forward to this. From what we've been told by people who have had it done as adults, this is going to suck on a level that's beyond belief.

If that's not enough....

My 87 year old grandma decided to FINALLY take her cruise after 6 years of having to reschedule it due to having to care for 2 of her own kids, who both died. They get out to sea & 4 days later, BAM. She has an asthma attack & a stoke. They pulled into Cozumel the next day & the doctors there did emergency surgery on her. She had a 100% & a 95% blockage so they put in 4 stints & prepared her to fly home so she could have open heart surgery. They didn't have the facilities there to do it properly nor could they do anything about her asthma because of her heart rate. Talk about stressful.

They flew her home (a few days later) & immediately admitted her to her hospital's ICU where they did all their medical testing stuff & got her asthma under control. The cardiologist at home said the doctors in Mexico did a fantastic job & definitely saved her life. In fact, they did such a great job & grandma is so healthy that she doesn't even need open heart surgery now! Yay! This was her first health scare EVER. Docs said her body is a lot younger than she is. Hooray for grandma! So, we definitely had to make a trip down to the valley to go lay eyes on her for ourselves once she was home.

In our absence, Brandon's tomato clown & blue damsel either died or were killed by the domino damsels. Not sure which but that sucked for him to find when we got home. My GSP that got attacked by the other GSP is still hanging on & getting better. That's a good thing.

We also bought another motorcycle. Got a great deal on an '01 Harley Sportster 883C. It was in a shed & the owner had passed away. Thought it was gonna end up a project, but all it took was a good cleaning & a battery. Not bad for $1,000!

So to sum it up, we're all ok, just been super busy & pre-occupied with "life". I finally got a bit of a reprieve this week and decided I needed to get caught up & take care of some things around here that have gotten put off because of all this chaos lately. Hope to make it out to the next GHAC meeting, too! Crossing my fingers that Shawn is all better by then. Really hated missing the last one.

Thank you to everyone who called, wrote or texted to make sure I was alright. Missed you guys!
    180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
    75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
    50g - Various platy & mollies
    10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

What a month

Dang you stole that bike. Lol

Sent from under a rock.
    45G Cichlid and Turtle

Comment

You ain't kiddin, brother! It has SO many aftermarket parts on it, too. We truly got a great deal. Shawn got offered $4,000 for it the day after we brought it home but he turned it down. I like riding on it more than the GSX-R so I wasn't mad, lol.

Comment

What a month

Word. I am looking halfassedly for a sport bike.

Sent from under a rock.
        45G Cichlid and Turtle

Comment

MotoHouston or CL. You may run across a good deal. If you'll let me know what you're looking for, I can also have Shawn tell the guys to keep an eye out for one. If you change your mind & want a cruiser, V's daughter has a dresser for sale, too.

Comment

What a month

I have a cruiser and I am on MH. :)

Sent from under a rock.
            45G Cichlid and Turtle

Comment

Then you're on the right track for half-assedly looking, lol.

Comment

What a month

Yup. You on MH? I normally just troll there.

Sent from under a rock.
                45G Cichlid and Turtle

Comment

Shawn is. I think he's Scorpio or Scorpio1177.

Comment

What a month

I'm Lunchbox6 :)

Sent from under a rock.
                    45G Cichlid and Turtle

Comment

<< jakeg on MH
                      A wife, two kids and two cats.

Comment

Kewlio. I'll let Shawn know. :)

Comment

Hope your month gets better! I have had a rough one as well.

I was cut off by a SUV and they wound up slamming on the brakes, I slammed into them @ about 60-70 mph. Tore a few ligaments in my knee, just had surgery on the 5th.

Comment

Damn man! Glad you're alright! People just don't look out for bikes. One of our prospects wiped out the other day, luckily only took himself out. He woke up in a ditch surrounded by medical personnel & on the way home from the hospital they got sideswiped by another car. Totaled his bike AND his car within 4 hours.

Comment

It is crazy out there! I stopped riding the street for a good 6 months and just ride the track, but wanted go to the central meet. I should have sated home lol.

I used to tell my friend that I would have some one not paying attention hit me almost everyday.. I started keeping track and it happened at least 1-2 times a day. I guess riding in rush hour traffic didnt help though.

Comment

Working...
                              X