1.5gal DSM Iwagumi attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aquabee View Post
    It'll be back to gorgeous in a few months. No mo slackin!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Ballinxalex View Post
    Get that co2 pumping and grow ur Asian grass fields back lol
    Originally posted by LooksLater View Post
    Yeah, such a bummer...good luck with the restart- I'm sure it'll be back to glory in no time!
    Thanks guys. I'm dry starting it again. This is the phase where it'll grow the most and the fastest since CO2 is unlimited. I just have to monitor the substrate to make sure it doesn't go dry or too moist. Letting the plants breathe is another big one. If I don't, mold and fungus will quickly attack.

Oh and this time I've got tons of dry ferts for it, and I have actual CO2 setups waiting! Just need to get a diffuser and drop checker. I'm getting an atomizer diffuser, but does anyone have any suggestions for a drop checker? I need something very tiny, but accurate.

Comment

• I haven't been able to find any locally. Have you checked GLA?

Sent from my iPhone by one of my fish
      All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

• Well the I was going to get my atomizer from GLA, but they're out of stock for the tiny ones. I'm not sure about their drop checkers. They seem so big. I need to contact them on exact dimensions of it, since the tank is only 1.5gal anything too big will take away from the scape and flora.

Comment

• Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
          Well the I was going to get my atomizer from GLA, but they're out of stock for the tiny ones. I'm not sure about their drop checkers. They seem so big. I need to contact them on exact dimensions of it, since the tank is only 1.5gal anything too big will take away from the scape and flora.
          Just email Orlando. He'll find you whatever you need. If he's aware of something you need and they're out of stock, he'll get it shipped in usually within 2-3 weeks. They're awesome over at GLA.

Comment

• Yeah atomizer equipment won't be in until 3-4 weeks. That's too long for me, so I went ahead and bought some on ebay

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

• Nice. Pics of the tiny lil CO2 equipment??

Comment

• I'm waiting for them to come in. The actual regulator isn't really small, but smaller than most regulator builds. It's only a temporary setup until I have time to build my own.

Comment

• Here's a pic I snapped yesterday of the CO2 setup. Trading out the steel tank for an aluminum one when it runs out.

uploadfromtaptalk1374523397041.jpg

Comment

• Is that a 5 gal?

Comment

• nice... balling with those CO2
                      I have the patience of a goldfish....

Comment

• Originally posted by aquabee View Post
                        Is that a 5 gal?

Yup

Originally posted by suicune View Post
                        nice... balling with those CO2
                        Not really. You're the baller using Excel! I go through the big Excel bottle in a month dosing a 5gal. It'll be a while before I have to refill. Only cost me $100. You can easily make a regulator build for under $100. It won't be two stage, but it'll get the job done.

Comment

Working...
                        X