Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kens Flake Food

Hey Guys,
    I have been using Kens Flake Spirulina with Garlic and Paprika with decent success but I'm feeling like my trophs aren't getting enough protein as the spawns have not been really consistent. Are most troph keepers using Kens Tropheus Flake or are they using a combination of other flakes that he carries? I am starting to mix more NLS cichlid and am thinking about adding Xtreme Cichlid Pee Wee as well.
    Any guidance here would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tepei

I feed kens troph flakes and nls cichlid formula tried shrimp mix with no sucess but gonna give it another go

Comment

Thanks johnnymisty! Ken has so many flakes now that can be used for trophs that it's hard to decide sometimes. I'm debating between the tropheus lovers, vegetable and maybe even adding some krill/plankton flake to the mix.

Comment

Flakes will not condition your fish for breeding. I feed flakes, dainichi, NLS, New Era, shrimp mix, and gulf shrimp. I alternate the gulf shrimp and gulf shrimp. Only feed those once every two days.
        210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
        125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Re: Kens Flake Food

Originally posted by moganman View Post
          Flakes will not condition your fish for breeding. I feed flakes, dainichi, NLS, New Era, shrimp mix, and gulf shrimp. I alternate the gulf shrimp and gulf shrimp. Only feed those once every two days.
          Huh?

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Lol!!!! Shrimp mix and Gulf shrimp.
            210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
            125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Are you cutting up the gulf shrimp in very small pieces? I'm cautious about bloat but am starting to understand how many people here are feeding their trophs. I've gotten my groups nice and established now and am able to feed more without issues. Feeding shrimp would be another step of faith for me. Is there an alternative to feeding actual shrimp that would be sufficient to promote breeding?

Comment

Another key point that wasn't mentioned is water changes. If you seriously want them breeding do it twice a week.

Comment

Yes, so l chop up the shrimp very finely.
                  http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Ok, thanks for the tips guys. I appreciate that and will try to incorporate some of your suggestions. We'll see what happens from here. Thanks!

Comment

Ease them into it
                      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Working...
                      X