Thank You Houston FishBox and its members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Houston FishBox and its members

Spring Woods High School's three Aquatic Science classes would like to thank Houston FishBox and its members for all the help with getting donations of supplies to set up the 27 aquariums for the student to set up and maintain throughout the school year. We have five 30 gal saltwater tanks as well as 22 freshwater tanks (two twenty gal, two twenty-five gal and eighteen thirty gal tanks).

The tanks are running smoothly and the students are very excited to check their tanks daily and even bring friends in during the day to show off their tanks and fish. And when we have a livebearer give birth, all the students are so interested. Here are pictures of the class - we have tanks along three walls - 12 tanks on one, 10 tanks on the second wall and four on the third with one tank between the two room sinks. I am very proud of my students for all the work they have put into them.

Class tanks 1.jpgClass tanks 2.jpgClass tanks 3.jpg
    Again thank all of you that helps us put this together. Next year I hope to have enough interest to have a 4th or 5th Aquatic Science!!!

Gina Disteldorf
    Spring Woods High School
    Attached Files

Amazing job!!!!!!!

Comment

Very cool!!
      180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
      75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
      50g - Various platy & mollies
      10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Looking good!

Curious tho, what happens to the livestock at the end of the year?

Comment

Thats great thanks for the pics looks good

Comment

My wife went to spring woods high. She will be pleased to see someone take interest in the kids like you are doing. I my self went to northbrook But still very happy for you and the kids. They have dun some good work with what they have to work with...
            I hope you keep use posted on how they are doing....
            Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Thats a lot nicer than what I had when I took Aquatic Science during my highschool years at Clear Brook.
              @Jason, most likely they are divided among the students or people. I took everyone's livestock back in highschool.
              Will trade Fish Stuff for Camera Lens and Anime Figures.

Comment

Nice.. it gives the kids sense of responsibility and teaches them to love nature.
                I have the patience of a goldfish....

Comment

Late on this one. I graduated from spring woods in 2000, it makes me glad to see HFB help out on a project like this.

Comment

It is nice to know that people are willing to help out. We need to share our love of aquariums to get new generations hooked. :)

Comment

Working...
                    X