No announcement yet.

Exodon Paradoxus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome set up and having seen them in books my entire life, you are the first keeper I know of. Really appreciating all the updates and visuals!!!!
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

The bimaculatus?

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Exodons...
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
        Desiderius Erasmus
        GHAC President

Comment

Well there's definitely other keepers here. When I bought these from Tim, some other guy picked up a group. There's also a group from another lfs that was picked up. There's others. Either they were unsuccessful, not a member here, or don't want to show them off.

Comment

One of my favorite tanks so far. Maybe not as personable as troph/petros/puffers... but man that's a good looking/entertaining tank. Definitely gave them enough room to really show their speed and aggression. Good stuff

Comment

Thank you. They're definitely anything but personable. The only reason they didn't finish off that beefheart was because I was standing there. The corys loved the leftovers as normally they don't get much of anything.

The high flow is definitely helping with aggression. I'm hoping to increase their numbers to about 60-100. This way aggression is dispersed much better. Hopefully they'll spawn for me so that way I don't have to go out and buy more. Their colors are popping very nicely. I've also noticed this weird habit of theirs. It's similar to corydoras swimming up to the surface and catching a breath of air and then letting it go as they return to the bottom. The exodons will swim fast and catch some air, then return to the school and "burp" the air out. It caught one of them doing it in one of the videos.

Comment

It is cool. the way they school up. this tank has grown on me. the more I see it the more I have liked it...
                Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

I wouldn't increase the numbers of them. When they hit their 4"+. they'll fill up the tank more

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_B View Post
                    I wouldn't increase the numbers of them. When they hit their 4"+. they'll fill up the tank more
                    The big ones are already 3". The small ones are about 2-2.5". It won't fill up the tank as much. There's only 17 of them in there and they get pretty aggressive. Lost one to their aggression.

Comment

Here's a short clip with the night light on. They may be some mean fish but they freak out when the lights go out.

Comment

Added the bolbitis and some of the val nana, but it looks like a total mess right now. I'll fix it up a bit and take an update video. Still have the dwarf sag growing out in a bucket with amazonia.

Comment

Comment

Dwarf sag taking off in the container.

Comment

Found one of my L095 on the substrate and whipped out the phone as fast as I could! Too bad the pair is very camera shy..

Comment

Added a baby fahaka to the tank for sh*%$ and giggles lol. Thanks to Josh for holding this little guy at FG. The Exodons were curious to see what he was, but I didn't notice any of them nipping at him while I was watching. Being that he's the only African, I think I might name him Token

I'll take a video when I'm home.

Comment

Working...
                                X