This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exodon Paradoxus

A little birdy told me that people may be interested in an Exodon parodoxus AKA buck-toothed tetra group buy. Lets see how correct they were. . .

I've managed to hunt around and find someone who will bring them in. Final price (after shipping, etc ...) will be right at $5 ea. There is a minimum quantity that we will need to order-- I will only order if we hit 60 of them.

These guys should not be confused with tetras --- despite the common name. They are carnivorous and need to be in groups of 12+. I will not be ordering any for myself because they will like my shrimp a little too much. I'm doing this because I really want to see someone in Houston with a nice group of them.

Post your screename and how many you want.

Youtube some videos of them if you've never heard of these guys before.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Probably the coolest there is!

Awesome character for their size and the actual piranhas don't have anything on these guys! When watching all the vids and speaking with several owners, these characins are no where near as skittish as piranhas but have the attitude that the media hypes them up to be!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

reminds me of the P fish!

Comment

forgot to mention, Probably the only mini-monster fish that is legal to own in the state of Texas!
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

whats min aquarium size?

Comment

Sweeeeet! When are you going to order? If on the 4th or after I'm down.

Comment

Mistahoo - 40

Comment

Originally posted by madehtsobi View Post
                whats min aquarium size?
                They can get up to 5-6" at max so plan from there. Groups of less than 12 risk the chance of them killing each other

Comment

3-4" is about the average and I wouldn't do any less than 12 like Tim mentioned in the initial post so I would say at least a 4ft 55g would be absolute minimal.

Seeing how they eat, filtration would have to be up to par.
                  700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

man....

Comment

THey would be BEAST!
                      700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Re: Exodon Paradoxus

Mistahoo - 40
                        Little birdie - 25

We already have the minimum...but I'll wait a week or two to place the order.
                        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?

Comment

After reading a little on these, seems like you can't keep anything else in the tank with them, correct?
                          280g:peacocks
                          210g : haps
                          12g : shellies
                          (4) 55g:breeding tanks

Comment

They'd probably be best in a species setup ... but people have kept loaches, loricariids and other characins with them. Don't keep anything that is 'shiny' with them. They won't be there for long.

Comment

Re: Exodon Paradoxus

Originally posted by armthehomeless View Post
                              They'd probably be best in a species setup ... but people have kept loaches, loricariids and other characins with them. Don't keep anything that is 'shiny' with them. They won't be there for long.
                              +1. You can keep some bottom dwellers with them, but they will "try out" anything they can find. Avoid shiny fish or scaled fish. Armored catfishes could work. I'd stay away from anything that occupies the same water column as them as a precaution.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X