Fowlr noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fowlr noob

I'm seriously considering turning my 360 gallon setup into a FOWLR, I've been doing alot of research and it doesn't seem all that hard. I know I need to look into a bigger sump and a protein Skimmer but other than that, I seem to have everything. So if anyone can throw some information at me it will be greatly appreciated. One thing I am curious about is I just bought some new T5 lights for the tank, if I'm doing fish only will I be able to use them? I know with coral you special light but unsure if I will. Hope to hear from y'all, and I look forward to turning this tank into an awes predator project......
    420 Gallon: IT's, NGT's, NTT's, AT's, Cichla Pleizona, Bichirs, Blue Arowana, Spotted Gar, Clown Loaches

Fowlr noob

With a fowlr lighting isn't as crucial. I use a t5 ho 6 bulb setup on my 75 and I keep corals as well

Comment

Originally posted by aesl1982 View Post
      With a fowlr lighting isn't as crucial. I use a t5 ho 6 bulb setup on my 75 and I keep corals as well
      Ok cool, when I bought them, it said for freshwater or planted tanks but I figured they'll be ok.
      420 Gallon: IT's, NGT's, NTT's, AT's, Cichla Pleizona, Bichirs, Blue Arowana, Spotted Gar, Clown Loaches

Comment

Originally posted by aesl1982 View Post
        +1 My wife has a 4 bulb t5ho and keeps just about anything. Fowlr lighting really doesnt matter as long as it lights the tank and show pics of your set up theres so many colorful fish to choose what fish do you have in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
          +1 My wife has a 4 bulb t5ho and keeps just about anything. Fowlr lighting really doesnt matter as long as it lights the tank and show pics of your set up theres so many colorful fish to choose what fish do you have in mind.
          Nurse Shark
          Black Volitan Lionfish
          Dogface Puffer
          Snowflake Moray Eel

Just for starters .....

Comment

Re: Fowlr noob

Idk if you have lids for your tank or not, but with the snowflake you will need lids. Also make sure it can't get down your overflow.
            20g mixed reef

Comment

Sounds good maybe a ray as well??

Comment

Re: Fowlr noob

Originally posted by johnnymisty View Post
                Sounds good maybe a ray as well??
                Idk if a puffer and a ray will be ok together. Rays eyes look like food to a puffer if the ray is buried. At least that's what I've heard....
                20g mixed reef

Comment

Originally posted by nightster View Post
                  Idk if you have lids for your tank or not, but with the snowflake you will need lids. Also make sure it can't get down your overflow.
                  I do have lids, I'll check out the overflows when I get home. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I'd suggest getting some live rock too. You're aggressives are gonna need a place to hide once in a while. Prolly about 300 lbs of live rock. It'll also help to stabalize your tank from all the fish.

Comment

Not just lids. If that top has any gap, eels find their way out. I had a lid taped and weighted down, and the largest snowflake I've ever kept still got out.
                      Tell your boss you need to go home to take care of your "cichlids." It sounds an awful lot like "sick kids." )

Comment

Working...
                      X