HFB was violated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFB was violated

Some of you may have noticed that the Arcade is gone. Some of you may have received a spam email from HFB. Also, some of you may not have received any email notifications in a while.

Here's what happened. Last night, I started receiving a bunch of returned emails (I get undeliverables sent to my email...mostly so I can try to keep a handle on old accounts). When I looked at them, I saw that they were spam and being sent from our mail server. Long story short, some little script-kiddie took advantage of a security hole in the arcade mod and put a script in there that would send 10's of thousands of those emails out through our server. I was up until 5:00 this morning trying to clean it up.

This is why the arcade is gone. The creators of the arcade mod have an update that is supposed to plug the hole, but I have a few trust issues at the moment. For the time being, no arcade. Sorry about that.

I have purged the mail queues, but we still have just under a thousand valid HFB notifications going out. Those get delivered a few at a time, so it will take a little while for them to get to you.

No passwords or anything were taken...it was all about relaying their crap through our system.
    Our Fishhouse
    Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

What a punk! Good to know what happened and why. Anyways, thanks for your work and effort!

Comment

Always hard at work! Thank you
      Wc Canry Cheek, Lufubu

Comment

Originally posted by mistahoo View Post
        What a punk!
        That's for sure. If I ever meet someone who does this kind of stuff, I'm going to punch them in the throat.
        Our Fishhouse

Comment

Lemme know and I'll be there to punch em in the throat as well! Bunch of little pricks!

Comment

If these butt-heads would use there computer talents for good rather than evil the world would be a better place.

Comment

I was wondering why my email notifications were delayed... I just now got it, and it brought me to this thread!

Thanks for all the cleanup!

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                That's for sure. If I ever meet someone who does this kind of stuff, I'm going to punch them in the throat.
                If this ever happens, please let me record it so I can put it on my YouTube channel. I'll give you a cut from the AdSense earnings.

Comment

Okay, all email notifications are delivered. We should be back to normal now.
                  Our Fishhouse

Comment

HFB was violated

Traci, thank you so much for all your hard work and diligence and fixing this matter!

Your the best!!!
                    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

As always! Good work traci!

We couldn't have the box without you. :)
                      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Originally posted by imagirlgeek View Post
                        Remembed if you do post a vid or it never happened

Comment

No Evidence better it never happen LOL. I want Tracy Around not in Jail or with a lawsuit

Comment

Originally posted by MURRAY View Post
                            No Evidence better it never happen LOL. I want Tracy Around not in Jail or with a lawsuit
                            True true id still like to see the idot b!?#h slapped

Comment

You always work so hard to keep the Box top shelf. Thank you
                              "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
                              "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
                              -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

Working...
                              X