Yildiz semi-automatic 12 ga. shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yildiz semi-automatic 12 ga. shotgun

I bought one of these Turkish-made shotguns from Academy a few weeks ago at the suggestion of a guy I work with. It was $359.00. He said he'd shot one during opening weekend of dove season and it performed flawlessly.

I took the gun and a box of clays to my friend's pasture and he threw for me so I could get used to how it shot.

I shot 8 or so singles and the gun fired and ejected fine. When he threw a double things went south, quick.

The first round fired and the spent shell ejected fine. The next round cocked in the receiver at a 45 degree angle in stead of loading into the barrel and the bolt was about an inch from being in battery. The gun fired anyway, splitting the shell down the side and firing the load of shot out of the ejection port. Luckily my friend was standing slightly behind me and the load went in front of him, in stead of hitting him in the face.

The gun should never have fired without the bolt being in battery. This is a design flaw. Academy has a strict no-return policy for guns but when I explained what happened, the manager took the gun back and applied its cost to the Remington 1187 that I took home after paying the difference.

Watch out for this brand of shotgun; at least the semi-automatics.

Mark
    What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Re: Yildiz semi-automatic 12 ga. shotgun

Glad to hear you & your friend are okay.
    30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Originally posted by TexSun View Post
      Glad to hear you & your friend are okay.
      +1 and thanks for the heads up

Comment

Thanks for the post. Glad no one was hurt.

200 - African cichlids
        72 - Salty Bow Front
        33 Cube - community
        10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

I haven't fired their semi auto, but have fired the over under. It performed flawlessly, and seemed very well built
          Go to Heaven for the climate Hell for the company.

125g SA/CA
          125g Red Jewels, and mbuna
          90g Hex Angels, Tetras, and Cories
          55g Low Tech Planted. Guppies, Neon Tetras, Red Cherry Shrimp
          55g peacock pair
          45g Fry tank
          12g Hospital Tank
          75g Coming soon....Geos?

Comment

Thanks for the heads up I was looking at this gun earlier..

Ill be looking at something else now.
            A wife, two kids and two cats.

Comment

Working...
            X