Clear All

hey, same here! lol
    my fish house:
    2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
    6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
    29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
    45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
    2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
    125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
    and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

thats more like it! lovin the planted tanks...
      my fish house:
      2.5g- ramshorn hatchery
      6g eclipse- yellow shrimp, chili rasboras, yellow apple snails
      29g- geo grow-out, angels, 12"fire eel, dwarf frog, apple snails
      45g- jade sleeper gobies, native killifish, feeder endlers

75g-
      2 oscars, parrot, silver dollars, albino channel cat, syno euptera, bichir, baby jaguar, convicts, yabby
      125g- fahaka puffer, rainbow shark
      and about a dozen bettas....

Comment

Yay! Now we can see them!

We like pictures.
        180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
        75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
        50g - Various platy & mollies
        10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

lookin good
          dont bro me if you dont know me!!!!!

Comment

I like the first planted tank. What kind of lighting is on your tanks (low/med/high?) also what are those plants in the foreground on the first pic? I'm new to the planted stuff and I'm having a hard time remembering all the names and which plant is what.

Comment

Hello from San Antonio

Heavy planted one has aquaticlife 4 bulb 6000k 650nm 10kk and 6700. Only run 2 bulbs with an hour of burst.
              Foreground in it is very overgrown hydrocotyle tripartita 'Japan' and h. zosterifolia.

Comment

How many watts?

Comment

Hello from San Antonio

24w a bulb. Fixture has solid reflectors as well. Too much light really but noob purchases will happen. No complaints...

Comment

Sweet! I'm new to the plants and such so kinda wanted to get an idea of your lighting because those foreground plants look interesting! You wouldn't happen to know where I could get some would you?

Comment

Hello from San Antonio

Everything in this tank could be grown under CFLs. Might actually do that and move this fixture to start my first igwami set up.

Comment

Hello from San Antonio

If you want anything from this tank once you gain your confidence and are up and running, ill hook you up.

Comment

Hello from San Antonio

New to keeping cichlids maybe we can swap experiences. :)

Comment

Welcome to the Box !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpursGo View Post
                              If you want anything from this tank once you gain your confidence and are up and running, ill hook you up.
                              Sounds great! I'll hit you up when I'm ready. I actually have a nano tank in the works, but it's nowhere near what I want it to look like. The plants I have in there are actually thriving which is something new to me! I had some before in a 100g but they were looking pretty dull. My 5g Fluval Chi nano tank

Originally posted by GoSpursGo View Post
                              New to keeping cichlids maybe we can swap experiences. :)
                              Sure! I wouldn't mind swapping what I know... I'm fairly new to cichlids as well. Started back in April of this year, but I catch on fast! Been around all kinds of fish and aquariums for a good chunk of my life, mainly trophs, petros, other tang fish, and a little bit of sw, planted, and shrimps.

Comment

Very nice tanks, welcome to the Box. Love the 1st planted tank!

Comment

Working...
                                X