New Scape for Big Tank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scape for Big Tank.

Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Looking good Troy. I still haven't looked into getting slate for my tank but I plan on it.

200 - African cichlids
    72 - Salty Bow Front
    33 Cube - community
    10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

Cool, Brain. there were a few people asked me to post pictures of the slate bottom. The slate is cheep and its easy to keep clean. The driftwood is off of the beach in Sargent. It took 3 months to clean all the bark off and make it sink. The live plants on the lava rock is my favorite part. Well after the Fish...

Comment

Dude what is that one the bottom of the tank? Looks like tile of some sort.
        210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
        125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Slate. Thanks for sharing, Troy!
          180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
          75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
          50g - Various platy & mollies
          10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Originally posted by moganman View Post
            Dude what is that one the bottom of the tank? Looks like tile of some sort.
            Originally posted by ScorpiosWife View Post
            Slate. Thanks for sharing, Troy!
            +2 That's slate. Looks good so far

Comment

Nice job, Troy. The angels look happy.

Mark
              What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Yeah I like the clean look the slate gives
                30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Thank you everyone. I am glad you like it.
                  I was going to use black slate but when I saw the red and green veined slate. I just knew that it was the one to go with. It does make it easy to vac up after messy eaters and the poopies.
                  I was going to put substrate in the back 6" and live plants but I wanted to get anything that holds nastys out of the tank. So lava rock with live plants. It took a few months to get them rooted. Becuase I have only one four foot light. All the plants out of the light are fake.
                  I am to cheep to get a background. The one I want costs more then I'm worth. It is a low budget setup. All the money is in the livestock and the tank.
                  My Angels are happy. The juv.s are getting close to being adults.
                  I tryed to get the female battas in the video too. they swim in and out all the rocks. So you never see them all at the same time.

Comment

what size is the tank. is the slate attached to the bottom or just laying on it? what plants did you plant in the lava rock? I Love the driftwood, it is amazing and looks very good with the angles! The whole setup looks very nice.
                    Guppies:
                    Hi-fin pepper Cory's, Black Cory's, Long Fin Golden Aneus, Swordtails, some lyretail(RREA's, Red, Albino Koi, Red & Gold Tux), Different types of BN plecos(albino, calico, long fin, blue eyed short & long fin)
                    Mystery Snails, Yellow Shrimp, CPDs

HAS Master Aquatic Gardener awarded 1997
                    HAS Master Fish Breeder awarded 1998

Comment

It's a very nice tank to see in person. Troy is who inspired my hubby to put slate in our Oscar tank. Much easier to keep clean! With all the different color choices of slate & at a little over a buck for a 12x12 square, the clean look isn't that expensive to achieve either. We filled in the back end of ours with smaller pieces of slate, but we haven't decided what to do with the little gap that's left yet. We have more destructive fish than Troy, so ours will take some thinking, lol. Love the tank Troy, the video doesn't do it justice when you've stood in front of it in person.
                      180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
                      75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
                      50g - Various platy & mollies
                      10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Looking good bro!!!
                        420 Gallon: IT's, NGT's, NTT's, AT's, Cichla Pleizona, Bichirs, Blue Arowana, Spotted Gar, Clown Loaches

Comment

The tank was bought as a 150g but its not really that big. I just did the math. 72"+16"+28" that makes it. 139.xxg...
                          (Now I want a bigger tank)
                          Not sure what the plants are really. One have a leaf like a sward but smaller the other has a more round leaf but they grow well in low light...
                          The slate is on the bottom with a thin filter pad ubder it and held a little off the silacone. I have enough flow that it sweeps everything to one end. that helps keep it clean.

Comment

Up Date...
                            I added a couple fish.
                            photo (165).jpgphoto (159).jpgphoto (164).jpg
                            The Vail Angel and the Geophagus Juripari are new. The Geo may get moved to the 75g with the other Geo's after they get bigger. It is a good 6" I may have to change the skape just a little for the Geo and add some sand.
                            Last edited by troy tucker; 11-19-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

New Scape for Big Tank.

Simple and clean Troy. Looks good.
                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Working...
                              X