Reliable heater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScorpiosWife View Post
    I meant the one for the heaters you're gonna order, lol.
    Ah sorry, didn't know which heater. Click here for heater link.

Comment

It's pretty cheap and it's reliable! Free shipping is $49. I'm ordering some stuff and there's a group buy link here

Comment

I just went and checked all of my heaters. As it turns out, I actually have a Visa Therm, a Whisper 30-60, & 2 Aqueon Pros, a Penn-Plax Cascade & some little cheapy one that holds a 78 degree very nicely. Any input on the Whisper or Penn-Plax? Those were part of another tank I bought & know nothing about them.
        180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
        75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
        50g - Various platy & mollies
        10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

Thanks Mista!
          180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
          75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
          50g - Various platy & mollies
          10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

i still have 15 year old ebo-jager and visitherms so those are quality units if handled carefully. i am replacing them with hydor ETH inline types since i use canister filters. i would also consider the Ti since they would last forever if sized correctly. a note on sizing - i like to size mine with the 3-5 wpg rule of thumbbput then i split that in two and buy two heaters where i may. this will ensure that if one fails the other does not have sufficient energy to cook your tank. i would feel safe only using one Ti heater though since they are so much more robust, so if you look at it this way the Ti are actaully a bargain in the long run.
            75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
            28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
            12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
            29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
            45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
            33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Totenkampf View Post
              i still have 15 year old ebo-jager and visitherms so those are quality units if handled carefully. i am replacing them with hydor ETH inline types since i use canister filters. i would also consider the Ti since they would last forever if sized correctly. a note on sizing - i like to size mine with the 3-5 wpg rule of thumbbput then i split that in two and buy two heaters where i may. this will ensure that if one fails the other does not have sufficient energy to cook your tank. i would feel safe only using one Ti heater though since they are so much more robust, so if you look at it this way the Ti are actaully a bargain in the long run.
              +1 to the Ti heaters

Comment

Working...
              X