Horizontal Tank Divider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizontal Tank Divider

I'm thinking of making my own tank divider for a 10g so the fry can fall through and mama isn't confined to a tiny breeder box. This might be a total disaster but nothing will be harmed in the process, except possibly me. Hubby doesn't let me play with sharp objects after numerous uh...incidents ...so he'll probably intervene, lol.

I have the following livebearers: Guppies, Mollies & Platies. I'm going to need a mesh that is big enough for the molly & platy fry to fall through. I have zero experience in buying plastic mesh so I hope it doesn't come in a whole bunch of sizes.

I've searched and haven't found one for sale anywhere that will do what I want it to. Most all tank dividers are vertical. I want to make one horizontal. Gonna go to Home Depot, Hobby Lobby or Walmart & see if I can find everything I need in one place.

On my list:

Egg crate & something to cut it with (or just make puppy dog eyes at the Home Depot guy & get him to cut it for me)
    Plastic mesh
    Cable ties
    4 Suction cups
    Fishing line (or something comparable) to suspend the divider from the suction cups

Since egg crate floats, I'll need something to weigh it down, so I'll use a few pieces of gravel or something.

I'm open to suggestions & input, as well so please feel free to comment!
    180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
    75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
    50g - Various platy & mollies
    10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer
Working...
X