Discus Tank after one year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discus Tank after one year

Tank is a 55 gallon with a thin layer of sand, manzanita wood, java fern, anubias. 1 mandarin passion, and 4 cobalts all fish are a little over a year old. The cobalts really have not colored up like I anticipated but hopefully they will show more color in the next year. Size ranges from the 4.5 to 5.5 inches hopefully I get one to 7 when it is all said and done. Enjoy the short video all comments welcome.

I like that your keeping it simple. I assume thats to help with the cleaning of the tank...? Are you planning to change the scape once they get bigger?

200 - African cichlids
    72 - Salty Bow Front
    33 Cube - community
    10's - Freshwater Shrimp

Comment

fish look good and so does the simple scape.

I would think after a year they would be much larger. What are you doing as far as feeding and water changes?

Comment

Originally posted by AhKwaB View Post
        fish look good and so does the simple scape.

I would think after a year they would be much larger. What are you doing as far as feeding and water changes?
        50% water changes twice a week. Feeding BH, Hikari pellents, tetra flakes and bloodworms. Feeding 5x a day. The 3 biggest ones are 5.5 in or a little bigger the two smallest are closer to 5 in. I have not done a true measurment not wanting to give them undue stress.

Comment

Your discus look good. Nice shape. From fry to 5" is pretty good in a year...
          Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Nice tank. The discus' foreheads look a little thin.

Mark
            What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Working...
            X