Best Fish Store for.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Fish Store for.......

freshwater oddballs! I am into the strange and not so pretty fish. I have been to a few fish stores around the Houston area, but maybe I am missing something. Does anyone have any advice of which stores seen to always have some strange creatures? I am thinking of making a trip down to The Aqua Zoo in Webster tomorrow. I have never been there, is it worth checking out? Thanks for any tips given!
    65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Extreme fish and pets.
    Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

+1 xtreme fish & pets

Comment

All the normal spots usually boast some great oddballs, just depends on what they have at the time. Fish Ranch, Fish Gallery, and Houston Aquatics usually always has something for nearly anyone that is looking...
        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
        Desiderius Erasmus
        GHAC President

Comment

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
          All the normal spots usually boast some great oddballs, just depends on what they have at the time. Fish Ranch, Fish Gallery, and Houston Aquatics usually always has something for nearly anyone that is looking...
          +1 also extreme fish and pets or the brother's shop fish and pets unlimited

I got quite a few oddballs from extreme, unlimited, and fish ranch

Comment

Thanks for all the tips yall! I have some places to check out tomorrow! . Was able to get my African Spiny Eel today! It had been on order at my local petshop.
            65G African Tank (1 Ropefish, 1 Senegal Bichir, 3 Spotted Climbing Pearch, 2 Black Calvus "Zebra", 1 Featherfin Cat, African Knife, 2 Upside down Cats and an African Butterfly Fish.

30G "The Mudhole" 3 African Mudskippers (Periophthalmus barbarus)

20G 4 Longfin Zebra Danio, 2 Julii Cory, 2 Bolivian Ram, 1 Stripped Raphael and 3 Glass Cats.

Comment

Not sure what you may be looking for but I do extreme before I went to aqua zoo. I just know there's not much right now with them moving. Now once they get relocated and setup, yes definitely.
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Extreme and Unlimited has some of the nice oddities most others wouldn't know to order.
                FishRanchII use to be the mecca of nano or hard to find smaller fish, now not so much but there are a few here and there.
                Fish Gallery has the baller stuff but with that also comes the baller prices.

Depending on what you are looking for there is bound to be some place that has it or can get it.
                175g - fw flounder tank
                600g - guppy bait tank

Comment

Working...
                X