Chip repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chip repair?

Just bought a 135 and my friend helping me move it chipped it pretty good on a brick wall. Chipped right in the corner. Being that this is the biggest troph tank I've owned, it means a lot to me and I don't wanna set it up until im sure it'll be ok. Any suggestions?
    210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
    125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Any pics of the damage? If you don't mind living with it, it will probably hold fine. If its aesthetics you're after, than probably have to replace the whole piece of glass. Is you're friend paying for your repairs?
    30Long: L134 Leopard Frog Plecos X16, Corydoras Sterbai X9, Endlers X4

Small ADA nano (~8gal): ... BKK or OEBT breeding tank in the works!

75g Craigslist Special: In the works...

Comment

Nah he was helping me out so I can't do that. I once had a friend slam my custom $300 fishing rod in the car door and I charged it to the game. Just wanting to know what I should do tto repair. I'll use the chipped side on the back painted part so aesthetics aren't that important. Im more concerned with function.
      210gPetrochromis Macrognatus Green 'Nsumbu
      125g Mdoka White Lip

"Success is the willingness to fail"

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Most the time, just a chip in a corner will hold. But it's up to you to test it.
        Good luck let us know how it works out.
        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Originally posted by troy tucker View Post
          Sorry to hear this. Most the time, just a chip in a corner will hold. But it's up to you to test it.
          Good luck let us know how it works out.
          +1
          I'd fill it and let it sit for few days ,out side.
          Don't tell fish stories where people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.
          Mark Twain

Comment

my 75G has a huge piece thats chipped out and it holds fine. get some pictures of the chipped glass it would help us more on judging

Comment

Working...
            X