WTB Silver Arowana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: WTB Silver Arowana

If anyone has one over 10" LMK. Need one ASAP!
    500g ????
    220g F1 Blue Giant Petrochromis

180g WC Cyphotilapia Frontosa Moba.
    30g Fry tank

I think extreme sells the big ones they have and if I'm not wrong there was one one CL

Comment

KOO, ima check. please entertain me with some more......
      500g ????

30g Fry tank

Comment

I did not see the ad on CL, could you point me the that direction?
        500g ????

30g Fry tank

Comment

He does not list it, but I'd bet he would split it if the price was right...

and another on there is selling a 22" Jardini for $250
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
          Desiderius Erasmus
          GHAC President

Comment

thanks!
            500g ????

30g Fry tank

Comment

Originally posted by mnemenoi View Post
              http://houston.craigslist.org/for/3022482123.html
              He does not list it, but I'd bet he would split it if the price was right...

and another on there is selling a 22" Jardini for $250
              Yep.. Make sure they don't have the eye problem

Comment

Originally posted by cu0ngsayz View Post
                Yep.. Make sure they don't have the eye problem
                99% of silvers get drop eye.

Also i think city pets usually has dilvers at about that size
                mmm...pancakes

Comment

I hear eye drop syndrome is only caused by feeder fishes swimming the on the bottom.

Comment

yea hopefully I dont get one with that problem, i would to have one from10-15" and watch it grow im trying to avoid pet store prices and see if i can pick up one from the box.
                    500g ????

30g Fry tank

Comment

Originally posted by HONdata View Post
                      yea hopefully I dont get one with that problem, i would to have one from10-15" and watch it grow im trying to avoid pet store prices and see if i can pick up one from the box.
                      Good luck, if you dont want to deal with drop eye get a black.
                      mmm...pancakes

Comment

Only Silver arowana get droop eye it in their genetics even the ones in the wild have it. Many have thought it was due to feeders bare bootom reflection or fish swimming on the bottom but it isn't true. Some people in asia even but ping pong balls to get their arowana to look upwards. Jardinis green arowanas and asian arowanas also get dropp eye but it isn't common. The only way to prevent droop eye would be to have them in a pond and feed floating foods. If you get an asian arowana and it has droop eye there have been surgeries in which they trim the fat and it helps get their eye to normal.

Comment

Originally posted by aggrofishkeeper View Post
                          I hear eye drop syndrome is only caused by feeder fishes swimming the on the bottom.
                          Not true. Theres lots of speculation as to what causes drop eye(DE). IMO, it comes down to genetics and trauma. Silvers that get DE usually get it from jumping and experiencing trauma to the head.. Plus the fact that Silver Arowanas are bred without giving genetics a look over is a big problem as well.

@OP: If you don't like the appearance of DE, Silvers are not what you want. Most, if not all, will develop DE. Black Arowana's are kinda hard to keep alive if you don't know what you're doing. I'd say a African Arowana would be your best bet. Good luck finding one in Houston though, the only guy I know that sells em lives in Humble(He goes by the name of Toyin, he's also a Polypterus seller), but he only sells to LFS's.

Originally posted by fishman1 View Post
                          Only Silver arowana get droop eye it in their genetics even the ones in the wild have it. Many have thought it was due to feeders bare bootom reflection or fish swimming on the bottom but it isn't true. Some people in asia even but ping pong balls to get their arowana to look upwards. Jardinis green arowanas and asian arowanas also get dropp eye but it isn't common. The only way to prevent droop eye would be to have them in a pond and feed floating foods. If you get an asian arowana and it has droop eye there have been surgeries in which they trim the fat and it helps get their eye to normal.
                          All Arowana can get drop eye. The whole ping pong thing is useless. Floating foods as well. The only reason many Aro's don't get DE when in ponds, is well.. They don't have anything to knock their heads against if they get spooked.
                          Last edited by DTony; 05-31-2012, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Well problem solved!!!! Don't spook them! Hahaha

Edit: African aro are ugly IMO and extreme fish and pets use to get the black/blue aro. Might wanna check see if he can get them still..
                            Last edited by cu0ngsayz; 05-31-2012, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cu0ngsayz View Post
                              Well problem solved!!!! Don't spook them! Hahaha

Edit: African aro are ugly IMO and extreme fish and pets use to get the black/blue aro. Might wanna check see if he can get them still..
                              Young Silvers spook easily lol.. And hey different strokes for different folks. I think African Aro's look awesome. Xtreme stopped selling Blacks for a while..

Comment

Working...
                              X