Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared Mbu ?

What u guys think ?
    Well i thought my puffer had pulled a Houdini but i found him hiding out .I hope he gets along or im gonna have to try something different , give me your opi...

Hmmm... I'm no expert nor have any experience with them but it doesn't look too happy.

If you haven't noticed any pecking or attacking from the cichlids then it's probably not them but could be a possibility.

What has it been eating?
    what are your water params like?
    What have you dosed into the tank?
    What have you been feeding?

I know that cichlids can withstand quite a bit when it comes to water params and another thing is the puffer is a scaleless fish and they tend to be more sensitive to a lot of meds/metals/water params.

Also, be careful with the heater, I've never experienced it or think it could be getting hot enough when set right but others have reported heaters burning scaleless fish.
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

How long has he been in the tank? Water parameters must be perfect for puffers
      Mentally Challenged

My Flickr

Comment

give him some ghost shrimp, live snails or live crabs. After he can accept your food, he will be happy again.
        when you see his tails opening like a round fan, that means he can live by himself.
        also, try pull up the temperature of your tank to 80 or 81 degree.
        if you don't like hes hiding in the sands, replace the sands with some pebbles.

Comment

I agree about the water params, but I'm sure you know how sensitive they are already. If your water's clean enough, and he's still eating fine, it's probably the tankmates. From what I understand, it's a coin-toss with any puffers, even MBU's, though they seem to have the best track record for community tanks...I'd just watch and see if he's getting bullied.
          "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
          X