Organizing underneath the stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organizing underneath the stand

Just to put the disclaimer out there, I am no fshfrk and my DIY skills are far from his standings but I did this and wanted to share....

This is what the stand use to look like, tons of food, meds, fish crap, junk, dried fish, etc.

Now seeing as though we've had a few storms lately and I live in the hood so most of the stuff was probably broken since ike or whatever hurricane that was, it wasn't long before I found a piece of loose home siding outside.

I don't own a measuring tape but on the bright side we have tile floors so that was used to reference to.

Now luckily I don't own a measuring tape cause I managed to cut the piece too long but that worked out in my favor cause now I can wedge the piece of siding into the stand!

Now BAM! bang it into place with the trusty sledge cause all the good mechanics own a few of these.

Perfection! Now finding a house with white siding worked out great cause it lightens up the shelf a bit and makes it easier to pick out what you need!
    700g Mini-Monster tank

Now that is some skilz indeed!!! It looks like one of my various projects... nothing gets fully done until you bring out the sledgehammer, lol
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

I'd add a front panel to keep everything in place in case of an accidental door slam
      http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

No need, the door is tweaked so it does not align properly to be slamming against it.
        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Right on

Comment

For my next DIY I will show how to "drip loop" all your wires into the sump in case water does ever run along the the cord it will dump into the sump instead of getting the floor all wet.
            700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Thank you, thank you

Comment

Sweet. Mnemenoi...this is going on the honeydew list, honey. )
                "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

As long as I get to use the sledgehammer, lol. I'm sure its doable and would certainly organize that chaos a bit
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                  Desiderius Erasmus
                  GHAC President

Comment

Do what ya gotta do. A+ for making it work w/ least destruction. :)
                    "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
                    "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
                    -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

+ i found some plastic drawers that fit under mine but - i didnt get to use a big friggin hammer
                      75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                      28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                      12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                      29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                      45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                      33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Dammit... now you got me thinking... screwing some pen trays or baskets would have been aesthetically nicer.
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

if you had a dang tape measure I'd cut you a glass shelf then you could add your baskets
                          "There will come a time when you have a chance to do the right thing."
                          "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by. "
                          -Dead Man's Chest

Comment

Originally posted by justdoit View Post
                            if you had a dang tape measure I'd cut you a glass shelf then you could add your baskets
                            aw cmon, break him off some of that nice marble you had in there lol
                            75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                            28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                            12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                            29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                            45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                            33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

This looks great Q!
                              All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Working...
                              X