No announcement yet.

Fish R Us out in the woodlands/conroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been to fish r us a couple of times and I personally didn't like the customer service either. Like stated before mostly everyone is rude there.

Comment

i have known jason for many years too so i guess thats why i still stop by. he used to have amazing discus and L-cats! i havent been screwed over by him but i am def in the minority, i didnt like some of the woman he used to have working there. they were very rude. i will have to say that for the prices he asks, he should have a live guarantee of some kind. i may just be tolerant because there isnt much else out my way. if texas exotics was still open then i probably would not be so...
      Last edited by Totenkampf; 02-20-2012, 05:09 PM.
      75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
      28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
      12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
      29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
      45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
      33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

i ever been there, but from what i been told. i am scare to go there.
        75g Tank,
        2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
        2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
        10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
        10g Tank
        Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

I have had good experiences there overall. They have a decent selection of different species and types of fish. All my stock from there have proven to be healthy and I'm very happy with what I have chosen. As to some of their store displays, that is their owners preference and although I might do things differently they are the owners. I do not know the owners operators very well and although I have been in quite a few times they never remember me or ask about my tanks. It is certainly a decent store when compared to other chain stores in the general area and would recommend it far beyond the chain stores in far North Houston/Conroe area. They do not have many nano options or fish at all, but again there are no stores in that area that do so I suppose it does not set them apart on this.
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
          Desiderius Erasmus
          GHAC President

Comment

So, I've been looking for a house up here and ran across this:

This place has been for sale for 178 days, per Trulia. I wouldn't pay that much for the business, but it'd be a great opportunity for someone out there that wants to turn this business around.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
              So, I've been looking for a house up here and ran across this:

This place has been for sale for 178 days, per Trulia. I wouldn't pay that much for the business, but it'd be a great opportunity for someone out there that wants to turn this business around.
              huh thats a lil odd. Guess his business isn't doing so well lately.

Comment

not really odd, i would test the waters for almost a million too lol. his business and stock has declined over the years so i wouldnt be surprised if he wants to get out. he used to sell the fry from his personal stock but I havent heard him mention that in a while so maybe he isnt even doing that any more.

it would be cool if someone did turn it around, there is pretty much NOTHING on the N-NE side of town and only a couple places on the NW
                75G Standard - High Light Planted Community Fish
                28G Aquapod - Medium Light Planted Shrimp & Microrasboras
                12G Eclipse - Bonsai Planted Betta & Shrimp
                29G Standard - Vivarium w/ Red Devil Crabs
                45G Exo-Terra - Terrarium w/ Hermit Crabs (in progress)
                33G Cubish - Vivarium w/ D.auratus 'blue & bronze'

GHAC Member

Comment

Originally posted by Totenkampf View Post
                  not really odd, i would test the waters for almost a million too lol. his business and stock has declined over the years so i wouldnt be surprised if he wants to get out. he used to sell the fry from his personal stock but I havent heard him mention that in a while so maybe he isnt even doing that any more.

it would be cool if someone did turn it around, there is pretty much NOTHING on the N-NE side of town and only a couple places on the NW
                  Q should buy it lol I kid I kid.

Comment

looks like he had lots of breeding ponds.
                    75g Tank,
                    2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                    2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                    10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                    10g Tank
                    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

Interesting....this is from the Montgomery County Appraisal District...http://mcad-tx.org/html/records.html
                      Owner ID: O0239742
                      Owner Name: SCHNEIDER, JASON D
                      Owner Address: 825 EVERITT RD
                      CLEVELAND,TX 77328-5538
                      Property Address: 10855 HIGHWAY 242
                      CONROE, TX 77385
                      Parcel Information
                      Legal Description: A0597 WILBURN MATILDA, TRACT 21 LOT 2, ACRES 1.762
                      Neighborhood: 90000.C( CONREO ISD COMMERCIAL )
                      Acreage: 1.762
                      Cross Reference: 0597-00-02110
                      Undivided Interest:
                      Exemption Codes:
                      Entity Codes:
                      F04 (Emergency Ser Dist #4)
                      GMO (Montgomery Cnty)
                      HM1 (Mont Co Hospital)
                      JNH (Lone Star College)
                      SCO (Conroe ISD)
                      Deed Type: W/d & V/ln
                      Deed Book: 130.10
                      Deed Page: 2012
                      Map Page:
                      Values Breakdown 2012 Preliminary Value
                      Land HS: $0 +
                      Land NHS: $76,750 +
                      Improvement HS: $0 +
                      Improvement NHS: $98,910 +
                      Ag Market: $0
                      Ag Use: $0 +
                      Timber Market: $0
                      Timber Use: $0 +
                      Assessed: $175,660 =
                      215g Malawi Peacocks and Mbuna
                      180g Tropheus Ikola and Bemba and Clown Loaches
                      58g Bristlenose breeding and grow out

Comment

I would end up having a fish museum instead of a fish store...
                        700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Buisness is nowheres near worth that kind of money....The saltwater section needs to be completely redone...I saw dead fish in 3 of the saltwater tanks...and 3 of the freshwater tanks...Plus if you do buy and you dont change the name you have all the negativity it brings with it...I wish I had the money to offer him..whats it actually worth...cause it could be a real money maker...(In the Right Way)

Comment

Originally posted by gmod View Post
                            Buisness is nowheres near worth that kind of money....The saltwater section needs to be completely redone...I saw dead fish in 3 of the saltwater tanks...and 3 of the freshwater tanks...Plus if you do buy and you dont change the name you have all the negativity it brings with it...I wish I had the money to offer him..whats it actually worth...cause it could be a real money maker...(In the Right Way)
                            well said. Pretty sure someone will buy it eventually and make it up to what its worth. I'll have my new LFS if it comes out great :)

Comment

I used to stick up for this place, they weren't much different than a lot of the chain stores (not a great defense, but hey. I know it's hard to find good help and all, and a lot of LFS get stuck in a niche that ends up being boring/saturated market/whatever.) But it's gone downhill lately, and bad. We were there yesterday, just swung by to kill time, and it was sickening. Tanks were filthy, even worse than normal, several were half drained and looking like they'd been that way quite a while...saw dead fish, fish with open wounds and one with a huge tumor...the rest look stressed and terrible. I didn't see one thing in there I would have put down money on.

And then I saw the last fahaka they have from their shipment awhile ago...it's about 3'' maybe, and looks like a skeleton with leather stretched over it. Never seen a fish so starved and sad. He needs rescued, if I had a tank for him I couldn't have left him there. Just couldn't. Damn, it was hard. I've never liked how they keep that Mbu, the condition of the store made me sad yesterday, but man. That puffer drove me to the drink with the sadness. I won't be going there anymore.

Hopefully someone will buy this place and make it into something wonderful. The sooner the better.
                              "I think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability." -Oscar Wilde

Comment

Me and kiko hit this place up yesterday and will say it's about just as good as most other LFS.
                                They aren't as well stocked as I remember (pre-obama) but not as bad as everyone made it out to be.

They had a few oddballs/monsterfish babies for really cheap which was something cool to see outside of everyone's bread&butter.
                                700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                                X