L046; Hypancistrus Zebra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cichlid1409 View Post
    man, your really trying to breed these guys with all those caves in there. tank looks good. you finally moved those BR's its been months you had those for sale.

Lol, yup. I have 16 caves in there for 14 fish. So each have a place to retreat to if they so wish. It has been reported that only males will take to caves and defend it. But sometimes females will use the caves just to get away from possible aggression.

Breeding is a high priority for me with these fish. I have been holding off on getting them for years now and felt it was time.

The latest update:

It appears construction on the belo monte dam has started. The construction companies have all the licenses in place. Which means xingu's "big bend" will dry out and the zebra pleco will be extinct in the wild. :(

Only way these fish are going to live on is in our fish tanks.
    I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Damn no wonder u got to sell
      All the petros..lol jk..

Comment

Lol, yup. I'm chill on big purchases for a while.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

That dam has been "in the process" for over five years now
          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

More I think.....
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Update on dam construction. Looks like things are in full motion now! :(
              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

That is horrible for the comunity in at area and poor fish. I have several contacts in brazil. I have them looking for some of those l46 but still no luck.
                75g Tank,
                2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                2.5g Mini Monter - Shrimp Tank
                10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                10g Tank
                Hospital 2-F. Endlers

2-29g Empty Tank, 20L Empty Tank , 125g Empty Tank[SIGPIC]sigpic

Comment

I think L46 is relatively safe bc they are popular fish and many people have them.

I can only imagine all the others sp. known and unknown which will become extinct.
                  Last edited by myjohnson; 02-19-2012, 06:40 PM. Reason: sp
                  I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Well l46 is at risk to become extinct in the wild. It will still be available thanks to those hobbiest that are trying to breed them. But its at risk.
                    75g Tank,
                    2- Wild Scalare Angel 2-wild Angel snakeskin, 2-half blue half black Angels, 5-Guianacara Geayi, 4- Blue Rams(1m/3f), 1- L144, 1- Pleco unknown type 1-Blue Neon Goby
                    10-RCS, 1-Red Sakura 5-Malawa, 8-Boraras Brigittie, 1-Adonis Pleco, 1-Zebra Nerite, 1-Horned Nerite
                    10g Tank
                    Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

I did a water change today and took some group shots.

Enjoy and let me know what you guys think! :)

I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

You are my hero. Zebra plecos with shrimp, dang what else what i ask.... Sweet looking tank man. Breed them and sell me one.
                          75g Tank,
                          10g Tank
                          Hospital 2-F. Endlers

Comment

Those look frikkin awesome!
                            All bleeding stops eventually...

Comment

Will the assassin snails eat zebra pleco eggs?

Nice pics!
                              Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                              Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                              Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                              Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

those fish are stunners!
                                25g - Reef
                                3.5g - Surge Tank
                                10g - Ichthyophthirius multifilis breeding colony

Comment

Working...
                                X