75 g Stand for bigger reef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 g Stand for bigger reef

Justin, I've look you work, and it looks great. I want to see your thoughts on a 36" high 75g stand. Similar in design to Brents 180g that you laminated. I'm good with laminate or oak/dark honey stain. I'm setting it on a finished sheet of 3/4" ply to distribute the weight on the carpet in the ol' doublewide. I will sand out, oak stain, and poly for floor, the plywood, and add quarter round for a toe stubber stopper. On the stand top edge, front and sides, I want a 1" trim to hide the foam I set tanks on.I'm forgoing a canopy for now, but might come back for one. DIY LED's all too often do not have a finished fixture look. I'm still d'signing, but still leaning towards open top. Might look at a canopy fastened to the wall, with one set of chain supports at 45 angle back to wall above. Typical reef sump setup underneath will eat up all available cabinet space, so interior space will be maximized. What do you think?Kevin
    39g Crypt/ anubias, wild shrimp and minnows.

55g Reef- first salt in many many years, coming along. Looking great, and stable. Garden mix of soft/lps corals. DIY refugeum

20g Reef- different than the first by design.
Working...
X