Thanks Justin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Justin!

I know a lot of you don't know me, but I'm an active member of MARSH (no razzing please).

Any way, I just wanted to share with you all the great experience I just went through with Justin/CAC.

=============================================

So, rather than write a long, drug-out story on how this all went down, I'll just hit the high points, in-summary:

1. Heard about Justin/Custom Aquarium Cabinets (CAC)
    ---- Mostly good "stuff" and reviews
    ---- Some bad (can't win them all, right?)

2. Being a "go against the grain kind-of guy," I gave him a shot.

3. After going back-and-forth in PMs on HFB, and then texting back-and-forth, I got a quote... I jumped all over it.
    ---- I have built "many" stands in the past
    --------- Justin would save me a lot of time, and he does this for a living
    ------------ Seemed like a no-brainer

4. Cost. This is a huge concern for many of us. Considering the hobby, and the amount of time/money I would be spending on my own custom hackjob, the price was extremely well thought-out. He saved me a bundle and the stand passes the "wifey test."

5. Time. It took him 3 weeks; 1 of which he had the flu. Timeline was met, though I was extremely passive about it (as I am with most of the items I deal with, in this hobby).

6. Design. "Exactly" how I wanted it, though he did add some "soft close" hinges without charging me. Outstanding!

7. Customer Service. When I texted, he replied. I have nothing negative to report here. If you do choose to use Justin in a future build you have in mind, please understand that he runs the whole show... it may take him a few minutes to get back with you... Again, not an issue with me as I was never in any hurry.

I picked it up tonight, and it looks better in person than in the pictures he was sending me (yes, he sent me pictures of the build as he completed more off his checklist). I did request it, but Justin is not a pushy person... He preferred that I contact him most of the time...

Here are some pictures of the work. All things considered, I'm extremely pleased with the overall experience.

Unfortunately, I don't have another picture of the finished "floating" canopy. It matches the stand though.

Here it is, all cleaned up and at home... I have to finish cutting the holes for the drain/return, and mount some switches, my APEX, the dosing pumps, etc... I hope to get this done this weekend... Any way...

Here's how I mounted the canopy to the wall (pardon the horrible phone pics):

Here it is when I was still routing the wires, and getting things all prettied-up.

If you have any questions, you can PM me or just contact Justin via his smartphone.

Justin, thanks again for the professionalism! My wife loves it, my kids love it, and my baby pit bull already wants to chew on it. :)

R,
    Leo
    Last edited by flipside; 12-05-2012, 11:27 PM. Reason: Photobucket Move

Excellent write-up Leo, funny line about the pitbull. Justin has been great to deal with for me as well.
    http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Beautiful stand and nice write up.
        Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
        Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
        Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
        Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Thank you! I don't do it much; but one must tip their hat when it's called for.

Comment

Wow, thats a really nice lookin stand. Good job Justin!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
            300g - Petrochromis Texas "Red Fin" Longola, Petrochromis Red Bulu, Tropheus Red Rainbow Kansanga.

Comment

Thanks tbui1178! I'm sure Justin would appreciate that. Seriously, he said that this one of his favorite stands that he ever built. It had some oddball lines so he had to get creative with the lamination. It really turned out as a piece of art, if you ask me.

Comment

I agree 100% with that. Can't say I've seen anything like it before.
                http://www.facebook.com/DAScolorado

Comment

Thanks guy for all your comments. It was my favorite laminate stand I've ever built. And keep that pit away from in please!!!! Lol
                  Last edited by jhenry; 12-04-2011, 04:26 PM.
                  Custom Aquarium Cabinets Justin Henry 281-739-8723

Comment

LOL! Will do, man.

Comment

Here's a picture of how the tank is looking now. My wife loves it and I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. I'm not happy with how this picture turned out because you really can't see the stand and canopy that well... but, you get the idea. I'll try to get a shot without the lights on one of these days. Very happy with Justin's work.

Not sure why the pictures aren't linking over, but here's a link to my photobucket album:

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff124/TSDLeo/30g Shallow Reef/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ32
                      Last edited by flipside; 01-17-2012, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I love those casters. Great looking stand!
                        While I'm not reef ready, I am salt ernate lifestyle curious...

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
                          Here's a picture of how the tank is looking now. My wife loves it and I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. I'm not happy with how this picture turned out because you really can't see the stand and canopy that well... but, you get the idea. I'll try to get a shot without the lights on one of these days. Very happy with Justin's work.

Not sure why the pictures aren't linking over, but here's a link to my photobucket album:

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff124/TSDLeo/30g Shallow Reef/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ32
                          Love the Floating canopy and the picasso!
                          700g Mini-Monster tank

Comment

Working...
                          X