Panda Goldfish? Where to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panda Goldfish? Where to buy

I have recently gotten a freshwater tank. My brother told me to start out with goldfish they are easy to maintain and are active. Im on the hunt for a Panda Goldfish. If any shops have one or you know where to get one please let me know
    thanks
    nick

Nick,

I'm afraid that I disagree with your brother about the ease of goldfish -- especially ornamental goldfish. Many are more prone to infections and disease. What size tank are you going to put them in?

With that said, I'll be honest and tell you that I normally don't look at goldfish when I walk into the LFS, but I have seen them at Fish Ranch and Houston Aquatics in the past. Houston Aquatics generally has a decent selection of goldfish. Pandas are one of my favorite.
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I have a 20 gallon tank. all thats in it currently is a pleco and decorations. I have been cycling the water for 2 weeks setting the levels and building the bacteria up.

Comment

pandas are my favorite too, I always get mine from fish and pets on kirkwood and bissonnet .

Comment

thanks! ill have to call a couple places tomorrow. I asked several places if they could order some. I know they would sell but they just put me on a "list"

Comment

Goldfish are very messy. You need to overfilter your tank to maintain it somewhat clean.
            I know Aquarium World has goldfish in stock always. But over priced.....

Remember that goldfish are cold water fish. Don't turn your temp up to 82 now!

Comment

my fish tank is between 72-74 degrees.

Comment

I purchased a couple of small Pandas at
                Fish R Us 10855 Texas 242 Conroe, TX 77385-4345 (936) 321-3474
                fishrushouston.com
                last September. I don't know if they stock them on a regular basis. They did have a fairly extensive stock of fancy goldfish at the time. It might be worth giving them a call to see what they have if you can't find any Pandas that are closer to you.
                While I'm not reef ready, I am salt ernate lifestyle curious...

Comment

They had some the last time I was in there a month or so ago, I remember as they caught my better half's eye
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
                  Desiderius Erasmus
                  GHAC President

Comment

The last time I was in Houston, about a month ago, I was looking for a panda goldfish with the telescope eyes for myself. I saw some at both FishRUs and Extreme Fish. That being said, they were all pretty poor quality. Just black/gray, with a little white, not worth buying. However, the time before that, about 2 months ago, I purchased a beautiful one for my dad at Extreme Fish. Black and white, perfectly symmetrical. It was so pretty, it made me want one.

Comment

Working...
                    X