Pacu fish found in Lake Woodlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacu fish found in Lake Woodlands

Did anyone see this on Channel 13 or abc13.com. This guys was fishing and on his line was a Pacu.
    !!!Live for today and not for tomorrow.!!!

Whos 20g did this come from???

Comment

Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
      Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
      Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
      Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by jose View Post
        whos 20g did this come from???
        lol....nice!
        Forget the dog.
        Beware of fish!
        :ertrink:

Comment

Seriously. Such a small percentage of those who buy Pacus actually have a tank large enough for them. I don't even understand why they're still so popular and still being sold to so many people.

Sigh.
          "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

man, it got huge! good thing it can't damage the eco system much

Comment

I bet people get them because they look like piranhas. I never got any because they get big and look ugly at that stage.

Comment

Actually they can harm the ecosystem quite a bit, not to mention us... down in Papa New Guinea they call these guys "ball cutters." Take a guess where that comes from. Jeremy Wade investigated them in a recent episode of River Monsters. They're not exclusively vegetarians, they'll eat fish too.
                Last edited by decal; 05-05-2011, 03:17 PM.

Comment

No Doubt...Not my type of fish, don't understand why someone wouldn't try to sell it or worse comes to worse give it away instead of releasing it into the wild.
                  Forget the dog.
                  Beware of fish!
                  :ertrink:

Comment

Originally posted by Ca Nguyen View Post
                    man, it got huge! good thing it can't damage the eco system much
                    Not true.... If you study the lake system in Papua New Guinea. Someone introduced South American red bellied pacus into the lake and the population exploded.
                    The pacus ate all the shoreline vegetation which decimated the local fish and reptile population which bred in the floating plant mats.
                    Now with all the plants gone, the pacus have even started attacking people.
                    www.ventralfins.com

Comment

Originally posted by nacra99 View Post
                      Not true.... If you study the lake system in Papua New Guinea. Someone introduced South American red bellied pacus into the lake and the population exploded.
                      The pacus ate all the shoreline vegetation which decimated the local fish and reptile population which bred in the floating plant mats.
                      Now with all the plants gone, the pacus have even started attacking people.
                      Argh!! should have red decal's post before posting that.....
                      ballcutters they are!!
                      www.ventralfins.com

Comment

i see, guess i haven't thought of it that way

Comment

Too funny, and sad at the same time. I had one of these when I was younger in a 55 gal and still felt bad for keeping it cramped up. I wound up "temporarily" locating it in a 300 gal horse trough, only to forget about it during a cold snap...um, it didn't make it.
                          Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
                          Also follow us on Facebook and APC

Comment

Working...
                          X