What fish food flake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fish food flake?

Aquariun flake no longer comes in 5gal buckets. The stuff in the small containers is to powdery. I bought the last 2 buckets Big Als had and it came in all stale,old, and nasty. So I am returning it. What is a good flake that I can buy in bulk for trophs and petros? I have been useing aqauriun flake for over 10 years and have no clue. I also feed NLS and like to feed flake to keep the fishes systems moving.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Kens Flake foods, I used to have some that was given to me with some fish.

KENS PREMIUM TROPHEUS LOVERS FLAKE

Home of quality tropical fish food and pet supplies.
    150G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
    125G Tropheus Moorii Ilangi
    115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Al is the Kens flake powdery with lots of smalls or do you consider it a big flake?

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

John, the very first time I saw Kens flakes I was surprised to see how large they were. Some of the flakes were 1" - 1 1/2" across. This stuff is definitely not the small powdery stuff.
        115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Thanks Al, I'm ordering me some right now.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

John, let us know how they like it. We're having problems at work finding a good flake since Aquarian isn't selling the buckets anymore.

Does Ken's flake break up easily? Or is it moist enough to stay in large flakes? The stuff we've tried practically disintegrates into dust if you touch it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
            "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Just had a nice 20 minute conversation with Ken. He said the flakes manufacters today use less soy which is the binder. He said soy prices went up 10x so they use less of it. He assured me that his flakes use lots of soy so they stay together. I will recieve mine next week and will let y'all know how they work for me. I tried to get him to advertise on the box and he remembers Traci. We will see.

Trophs & Petros ONLY

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
                Does Ken's flake break up easily? Or is it moist enough to stay in large flakes? The stuff we've tried practically disintegrates into dust if you touch it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
                Mary Beth,

I did not have that problem with it when I used it, but that was 2 years ago.
                115G Tanganyikan

Comment

Kens has Hbh veggie 8 formula per pounds, it's good stuff and never had any problem and the flakes are big.

Comment

Working...
                  X