Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heater

What size heater would i need for my 200 gallon pond

you will not be needing a heater for your pond.

if there is a hard frost coming in, cover the pond with some plastic and everything will be okay.

koi will survive down to 38F temps as long as they are not spooked (they will expend a lot of energy or hurt themselves).
    Duc
    Dallas Koi Kichi Group (www.dallaskoikichi.org)
    Houston ZNA Moto Kara Koi Kai (www.mkk-zna.org)
    IKONA (www.koishack.com)
    No Showa Left Behind
    Friendship Through Scales
    Proud Subscriber/Support of KOI USA, the official magazine of The AKCA (www.akca.org)

Comment

I know that. The problem is that my water hyacinth are starting to die because of the sudden drop down to the 50's last week. So I need them to survive plus my tropical lilies. I keep my lilies a 45 gallon above ground tub

Comment

trim back your lilies and they will survive til the spring.

you will have to bring the hyacinths inside or something as the frost will not be good for them.
        Duc
        IKONA (www.koishack.com)
        No Showa Left Behind
        Proud Subscriber/Support of KOI USA, the official magazine of The AKCA (www.akca.org)

Comment

Oh ok thanks again tcu. One more question im redoing my pond for sure in spring what do i do with all my dirt afterwards?

Comment

craigslist, got rid of all my dirt that way. guy came with a trailer and hauled it all away for free.

or landscaping to hide some equipment or add some elevation to your yard?
            Duc
            IKONA (www.koishack.com)
            No Showa Left Behind

Comment

It is illegal to cultivate hyacynth in TX (and other southern states). They look bad, but they over winter just fine within about 100 miles of the coast. The deer just found hyacynth (which I do NOT cultivate) in my pond and ate them to the roots.

Comment

Oh well they're an amazing plant. Really functional.

Comment

Working...
                X