Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muslim Extemeists and Shariah Law Exposed as U.S. Threat by National Security Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim Extemeists and Shariah Law Exposed as U.S. Threat by National Security Panel

Huh? This doesn't seem to coincide with some of the things I've heard.

A panel of national security experts who worked under Republican and Democratic presidents is urging the Obama administration to abandon its stance that Islam is not linked to terrorism, arguing that radical Muslims are using Islamic law to subvert the United States.

Shariah a danger to U.S., security pros say

A panel of national security experts who worked under Republican and Democratic presidents is urging the Obama administration to abandon its stance that Islam is not linked to terrorism, arguing that radical Muslims are using Islamic law to subvert the United States.
    In a report set for release today, the panel states that "it is vital to the national security of the United States, and to Western civilization at large, that we do what we can to empower Islam's authentic moderates and reformers."
    The study group, sponsored by the conservative-oriented Center for Security Policy, says in its report that proponents of advancing Islamic law mark the "crucial fault line" in Islam's internal divisions separating truly moderate Muslims, like the late Indonesian President Abdurrahman Wahid, from the large portion of the world's 1 billion Muslims who advocate imposing what they call Shariah law throughout the world.
    Mr. Wahid, who died in December, is a widely respected Muslim visionary who promoted pluralism in Indonesia, which has the world's largest population of Muslims.
    According to the report, proponents of Shariah are "Muslim supremacists" waging "civilization jihad" along with the Islamist terrorists engaged in violent jihad, like al Qaeda.
    The 19-member study group was led by retired Army Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin, deputy undersecretary of defense for intelligence in the George W. Bush administration, and retired Army Lt. Gen. Harry E. Soyster, Defense Intelligence Agency director from 1988 to 1991.
    Included in the team of former defense, law enforcement and intelligence officials were Clinton administration CIA Director R. James Woolsey and Andrew C. McCarthy, former assistant U.S. attorney in New York, a career counterterrorism prosecutor during the Clinton administration.
    Frank Gaffney, director of the Center for Security Policy, said the Obama administration's policy is based on an incorrect assumption. The Team B report seeks to expose flaws in anti-terror programs, including the policy of not referring to al Qaeda and similar groups as "Islamist" to avoid offending Muslims, he said.
    "What if it turns out that some of the people the Obama administration has been embracing are actually promoting the same totalitarian ideology and seditious agenda as al Qaeda, only they're doing it from White House Iftar dinners?" said Mr. Gaffney, referring to the daily meal eaten by Muslims to break their fast during Ramadan.
    The group of experts was modeled after the official CIA Team B, whose 1976 contrary analysis said U.S. intelligence assessments had underestimated Soviet nuclear forces. That Team B report led to the military buildup under the Reagan administration.
    Story Continues →
    All men are created equal but his choices determine his value and what's in his heart determines his worth.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

In my opinion...wall street and a corrupt government are apt to do more harm to our country, long before the boogie man does....

to be honest...I've never heard of the group...Shariah.

CF
    Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Shariah is the Muslim law based on the Koran. You know, like in Iran and Saudi Arabia where Women are publicly flogged for showing their face in public, Honor killings, Holding hands in public will land you in jail and any form of Western Culture is a crime (like rock and roll music and vanity i.e. styled hair and makeup).

I do however agree with the law of stoning to death a woman for infidelity (Shariah definition is not even close to ours). JK about the "agree" part of this.
      All men are created equal but his choices determine his value and what's in his heart determines his worth.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention. In spite of all the things I listed above, Shariah Law is not considered a Human Rights problem (by the media, our current administration, The U.N. or Human Rights organizations) like Arizona attempting to secure the U.S. Border from Human Slave/Drug Traffickers.

So I apologize if I made Shariah Law seem unfairly strict by providing the facts. My Bad!

Comment

Okay....I have learned something today....and found something as well, but that's another story.....as far as the customs of other peoples in foreign lands, let them do what they will in their own country. When it comes to our country, they better shape up and get with the program, or GET OUT.....smiles.

CF
          Truth is the cement that holds the bricks and stones of a sane and civilized society together. Remove the former and the latter will crumble.

Comment

Shariah is in place in areas of Canada, France and other "western" countries. The way they get it put into local law is very subtle. In France and Canada Muslims moved their families into one area and over time the population grew. Once they became a serious voting block for local government they petitioned the local government to allow them to practice Shariah within the confines of their community, citing that since their laws are much stricter and punishments much more severe that local law enforcement could concern themselves with other areas, thereby saving money on enforcement and judiciary. France, now using the 20/20 vision of hindsight, has outlawed wearing burkahs in the country, all the while the Muslim communities are growing and more of France is under Shariah law. It's already been tried here in one of the northern states... don't remember which one, but they actually had a local city councilman present the proposal before the city council. Thankfully they voted it down but it's the same tactic used elsewhere. Eventually their community can become a big enough voting block at the local level to get it approved.

Mark
            What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

When Deerborn goes, I'll start to worry.
              Experiencing an aquatic renaissance!

Comment

Working...
              X