No announcement yet.

Is this club dead like tako and others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this club dead like tako and others?

Looks like another one bites the dust! Hard times weed out the locals first. Next will be the ALA which seems to slowly dieing as well. Thank god for the Brits!
    sigpic
    No good fish goes anywhere without a porpoise” Lewis Caroll
    AKA, SAA, NANFA, TAKO, HAS, AKA, BKA, ALA, BLA
    LIVEBEARERS, SOUTH AMERICAN ANNUALS, NATIVE KILLIES
    AND MOUTHBROODERS ANY TYPE.
    NEEDED OLD TYPE EGYPTIAN MOUTHBROODER
    MALES WERE BLACK IN COLOR

BLA = British Livebearer Association?
    Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

well this was good meanwhile lasted,thanks in part to this club, we had a ala convention in texas, thing that didint happen in the last 20 years.the club is kind of dead
      but i would love to be able to revive it.
      do you want to do something about it.?

Comment

yeah we need this to make a comeback....because Im looking for some poecilia salvatoris..
        HALA MADRID!!!!

Comment

Wow. Islander was the last President that I remember. Who are the current officers?
          Raul
          PokerFace

Comment

i dont think there is any,i was in the club when we first started, but some people for diferent reasons, stop doing, you know busy life.
            some for work reasons, other for other reasons i wasnt able to help especially in the ala convention, but i heard was pretty good.

Comment

I built a house and moved out of Houston and sort of lost touch with the hobby for a while. I really enjoyed being a member of HLA. I didn't get to attend a lot of meetings but I liked the few I was able to attend and loved the auction in Aug 2007. I saw on the FOTAS website that HLA is still a member organization of FOTAS and that Max will be HLA's delegate. Does that mean that HLA is still aviable club? Any others interested in HLA if it gets going again?

Comment

I'm interested! :emt_thumbs:

Comment

Hopefully there will be enough interest at some point to resurrect this club. Anyone else ready to put up their $12 membership dues?

Comment

I would like to see this club get active again. Anyway I can be of help please let me know. All you need is a few strong people to take charge. FOTAS would love for HLA to come back to life.
                    Don't blame me, I voted Ron Paul !!!

Comment

Just seeing this thread. Was any action ever taken to get it up and running again?
                      180g - 2 Red Oscars, 1 Tiger Oscar, 1 JD, Convicts, convicts & more convicts
                      75g - 1 Silver Aro, 1 Mean Koi Angel
                      50g - Various platy & mollies
                      10g - 1 Green Spotted Puffer

Comment

2 years later? A few people have been asking about guppies. So I thought, look at the live breeder clubs. So you can tell them where to look. No club active here. Is there a club? In a city with this many people?
                        Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

GHAC is having a livebearers themed meeting this month. He'll be brining in some rare stuff not seen in stores.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                          Scarecrow : I haven't got a brain... only straw.
                          Dorothy : How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
                          Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
                          Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

Comment

I do want to rekindle all of the Houston livebearer folks, I even have a new Facebook group going (Houston Livebearer Group). I'll be at the July meeting speaking about various livebearing species. I'm looking forward to it!
                            ​- Brandon O'Brian

There is something
                            fishy going on here, and I kinda like it!

Comment

Thank you Tim. I may try to come out and see everyone.

I haven't had livebrearers in a long time. The last ones were peacock endlers. Even though I don't have them anymore. I do feel that there should be a club for the people who love them.
                              Nothing Kills Evil Like a Sharp Stick...

Comment

Working...
                              X