Oscar Bump Treatment Begins....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar Bump Treatment Begins....

I want to share the treatment that I"m currently using on my Oscar to see how she does. I have posted her picture of the ugly ulcerated tumor looking thing on her head. I contacted wetwebmedia.com and it was suggested to use a combination metronidazole and Nitrofurazone. So I got API Furan-2 and API General Cure.
    She has been moved to a 29 gallon hospital tank and first treatment just administered.
    Wish me luck! The Furan-2 is to be readministered in 24 hours and the General Cure i 48.
    1 - 29 gal - Breeding Pair Green Terror w/fry
    1 - 29 Gal -Two white saum green terror
    1 - 75 gal - Pleco & Green Terror
    1 - 75 gal - 25+ Green terror, Botia
    1 - 100 gal - Community Tetras & Barbs & clown loaches & LG pleco
    1-120 gal - Frontosas, & Blood Parrot & Green Terror, 2 LG plecos

Did anyone say what they thought it was?
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Some have said its parasites; other say it looks like a bacterial infections so I am treating for both! The fungus treatment didn't phase whatever she has! So we'll see.

Comment

Good Luck! <crossing fingers> And please keep us informed of her progress!
        Our Fishhouse
        Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Thanks! I'll take pictures too. Question: WHERE can I find Vita-chem?? Do you think that will help too? I don't quite understand how to soak her food in vitamin C - she eats cichlid sticks. I've had her over 4 years I really want to cure this.

Comment

I get my Vita-chem from either DrsFosterandSmith.com or PetMountain.com. I don't know if it will help, but I know it won't hurt. I've just seen some magic happen using nothing but Vitamins. I had a fish with Pop-eye and didn't use any meds...only vita-chem with their food and the popeye went away and the fish is still healthy and happy. And of course, I already told you about the Giraffe Catfish.

As for how to add it to the food...I don't know the consistency of the Cichlid Sticks when they absorb water, but I feed Cichlid Excel Pellets and just get a cup of tank water, pour in food, add Vita-chem and wait for it to get kind of soft. That way I know that the vitamins have been absorbed into the food. That's it! Then I walk around the house and feed everyone. You could do the same with a Vitamin C tablet...just let it dissolve in some tank water and then add the food.

I really want to see her heal as well. Oscars have such personality and she's been dealing with this for a while now...she deserves to get better.
            Our Fishhouse
            Sleep: A completely inadequate substitute for caffeine.

Comment

Working...
            X