Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

• What do you guys think of this fish = Pseudotropheus demasoni (Mozambique)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• • What do you guys think of this fish = Pseudotropheus demasoni (Mozambique)

I'm thinking of getting some but would like some advice from you guys.

What size tank, what is the scaping of the tank, and what other tank mates do you have? From my experience these guys can be little $hits unless you have plenty of hiding places or have tank mates that can give out a beating as well.
    Resident fish bum
    330G FOWLR
    34G Reef
    330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
    28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
    Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

It's a 75g tank with alot of holy rock,san and fake plants I curently have 3 electric yellow labs.

Comment

That should be fine. MAKE SURE you put them in at one time or you will be left with one. I made that mistake and the one that was in there set up territory and that night, slaughtered everyone else even though he was the smallest one

PN

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

Comment

One more thing howmany should I get.

Comment

If introduced at the same time you should probably get between 10-12 fish. I have had success with smaller numbers but the more the merrier to spread out the aggression. I would visit Ultimate fish in Spring. He seems to have the best colored Demasoni I have found in Houston. They held their color even when stressed. Demasoni are still my favorite non-Tang cichlids.
              120g - Tropheus Moorii Kambwimba
              180g - Petrochromis Macrognathus Dine/Tropheus Moorii Namansi I

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has not heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains"....Winston Churchill

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm"....Winston Churchill

Comment

12 it is

Comment

Working...
                X