Above-Average Hurricane Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Above-Average Hurricane Season

Get your battery operated bubble makers ready guys.

It's predicted to be bad this year.

I couldn't do IKE all over again.

Or better put....my fishes couldn't do IKE all over again.
    I ate my fish that died.

Let's hope not.

If a storm hits the oil release area Louisiana and everything to the east are doomed for decades to come.

Louisiana accounts for 40% of the US marsh land and 20% of the seafood we consume.

Not to mention the economic tourist impact.

A lot of hard working salt of the earth people are going to get hit in ways no one deserves.

Comment

I hope the oil doesn't hurt the crawfish.

Nothing better happen to my crawfish!
      I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Planning on getting a generator soon. Justin Case.

Comment

Crawfish!
          Fish are people too, they just have gills.

Comment

Originally posted by myjohnson View Post
            I hope the oil doesn't hurt the crawfish.

Nothing better happen to my crawfish!
            Your safe most crawfish are rice pond raised.

I'm a shrimp guy and they are going to take the hit.

HEB has the biggest shrimp boat fleet on the gulf and i noticed their prices have alrewady gone up.

I'm like the guy in Forrest Gump don't matter how you fix em i'll eat em.

Comment

Go figure just as I get brave enough to get back in the hobby. Lost all of mine when friends from Alvin came and stayed with us during Rita. They decided after we had went to bed that watching T.V. was more important than running my fish tanks on the generator (we had lost power even this far north). Lets just hope that all the Hurricanes go another direction this year.
              "I will not buy another fish, I will not buy another fish....dang where did that come from???" )

Comment

When was the last time that an "above average" season wasn't predicted? Honestly, when?
                So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_chair View Post
                  When was the last time that an "above average" season wasn't predicted? Honestly, when?
                  ‎Haiku's are easy
                  But sometimes they don't make sense
                  Refrigerator

Comment

For the 13 1/2 days my power was out after Ike hit, I ran all of my tanks through a big power inverter plugged to the car. I didn't sleep very well b/c I had to wake up in the middle of the night to start/turn off the car to keep the battery alive. I'm not looking forward to doing that again but I will if I have to. My neighborhood always seems to be the last to get power back whenever there's an outage.

Comment

Originally posted by jsnoravo View Post
                      For the 13 1/2 days my power was out after Ike hit, I ran all of my tanks through a big power inverter plugged to the car. I didn't sleep very well b/c I had to wake up in the middle of the night to start/turn off the car to keep the battery alive. I'm not looking forward to doing that again but I will if I have to. My neighborhood always seems to be the last to get power back whenever there's an outage.
                      May I ask what kind of power inverter you have and where did you get it.
                      "I will not buy another fish, I will not buy another fish....dang where did that come from???" )

Comment

I picked one up from Fry's I got the 200W for like $50 I think
                        Resident fish bum
                        330G FOWLR
                        34G Reef
                        330G Discus biotopish (no longer running)
                        28G JBJ Reef (no longer running)
                        Treasurer, GHAC

Comment

Ok thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by ssrprelude View Post
                            Planning on getting a generator soon. Justin Case.
                            FYI, consider a natural gas or propane generator if you have access to either fuel source. Gasoline is hard to come by after a natural disaster that interferes with electric distribution lines. Gasoline lines are very long and spotty after a natural disaster and storage of gasoline is a problem due to degradation of fuel in a short period of time.

sunrise

Comment

I'm just going to order more ecotech batteries!
                              I ate my fish that died.

Comment

Working...
                              X