Need Help With Light Fixture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With Light Fixture

I was given a 48" dual satellite light fixture by a friend, yesterday. Nothing on it works except for the fan. The ballasts have a current, but nothing is lighting up. I found that one of the bulbs is burnt out, though. I plugged two of the working bulbs into the wires coming from one of the ballasts, but nothing happened. I can't see anything that is visibly wrong with it. Can someone help me out?
    Fish are people too, they just have gills.

May be a stupid question, but are you sure the working bulbs are actually working? I like to make sure of all the simpler things first, like making sure the switches are in the "on" position, too. Not a jab at you, I've totally done that before.
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
      May be a stupid question, but are you sure the working bulbs are actually working? I like to make sure of all the simpler things first, like making sure the switches are in the "on" position, too. Not a jab at you, I've totally done that before.
      does the light have a starter? what kind of ballasts are they?
      I make people happy

Comment

Originally posted by Mzungu View Post
        Yup, all bulbs except for the one that is burnt out are not showing a reading (Which is good).

Comment

Originally posted by mark razmandi View Post
          does the light have a starter? what kind of ballasts are they?
          Nope, no starter. It's an instant start fixture. They are 65W ballasts, which are original.

Comment

Working...
          X