Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, who got stuck today?

:furious:

I hate traffic. Abhor it. I was in my car/work van for over 4 hours today. Anyone else get stuck trying to get around in Houston today after that gas spill?

I'm so glad to finally be home. In trying to avoid 610 (had an appointment at an office right off 610 and Fournace - MAN, was that fun!) I hit detours that had nothing to do with the accident, construction that I didn't know about, and no less than two accidents after I thought I was in the clear driving down Beltway 8 towards home.

Traffic was INSANE today. And apparently it still is. Hope everyone is home, safe and sound. :)
    "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Yeah. It took me three hours to get home from the Heights to Meyerland. It was insane. You could not get even near to the 610 feeder roads. My car almost overheated due to being idle for so long. I was gonna go see Girl In A Coma in concert at Warehouse live tonight, but I'm trapped in my own neighborhood right now! :(
    PLECOS SUCK!

https://www.facebook.com/NickInTex1970

Comment

We were stuck for 1 1/2 hr., guess we we're lucky! And we never go that way either. Luckily our pediatrician understood and worked the kiddos in! Oh yeah, we were on 610 west, southbound trying to exit Bellaire towards the medical center.

Comment

I was only stuck for 1 hour in traffic on the way home. I wanted to shoot people on the road.
        I ate my fish that died.

Comment

oh yeah...well I mixed concrete all day today...so I would be glad to trade ya!!!
          250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

hey, you should be proud of a hard working job like that!

You rather be a paper pusher like me?
            I ate my fish that died.

Comment

hahaha..your a paper pusher!!! PEON
              250gallon-Wild Angels, community

Comment

Yeah, I am dude!

I think people in my position are really paper pushing glorified secretaries.

Most just won't admit it.
                I ate my fish that died.

Comment

someone's gotta push the paper! i love my job!

Comment

I don't miss Houston traffic at all. I used to do and easy 1000+ miles a week and I hated it! I've driven a little over 3000 in the last year; I love living close to work.
                    So many things can be a mystery, when all we're seeking is freedom...

Comment

Originally posted by newb View Post
                      oh yeah...well I mixed concrete all day today...so I would be glad to trade ya!!!
                      man, i failed mixing concrete in school this semester . I'm structure engineering student but they forced me to mix concrete. i put a little too much water and the concrete could not stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_chair View Post
                        I don't miss Houston traffic at all. I used to do and easy 1000+ miles a week and I hated it! I've driven a little over 3000 in the last year; I love living close to work.
                        Man, I heard that! I work 10 minutes from home now. I commuted to the greater Houston area for 20 years working construction projects and honestly, I don't miss Houston traffic at all!!

Mark
                        What are the facts? Again and again and again--what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore devine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell", avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history"--what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your only clue.

Robert Anson Heinlein

Comment

Too many hours myjohnson.

Comment

You guys have it easy.
                            I spent 40 years designing and building control systems and after they were complete I spent 3 weeks to 6 months in another state or country making them run. And for some reason the plants always wanted me to start up over the holidays while everyone except me was at home. I think my longest daily commute was 5 hours in ST.Louis when it dumped 2ft of snow one afternoon. 2nd place would be 4.5 hours in heavy rain / Houston on a friday evening when all the 610 feeders were flooded.
                            'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
                            He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

Specialone; you'll need to pick up on the jargon, the word you are looking for is "slump" (the amount a cone of wet CONCRETE collapse ). 3". or less, is strong, more than that is for flat work. When I was a boy , I ordered some 2" slump for a driveway, mistake ; the driver saved me by adding a lot of water.

Comment

Working...
                              X