My poor Betta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor Betta

Looks like my betta got into a fight with my blue lobster. And the lobster won. My poor betta has all his beautiful flowy fins nipped off. Do you think they will grow back or is he doomed to looked deformed forever.

--I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
    -Stephen Roberts

They will grow back but with scar tissue, not quite so long, flowy & beautiful.
    Isolate him for a while and trim any extremely uneven fins & treat him with some antibiotics to prevent fin rot.
    Clean water & good food and he'll be dancing again soon.
    'Dear Lord,' the minister began, with arms extended toward heaven and a rapturous look on his upturned face. 'Without you, we are but dust ...'
    He would have continued but at that moment my very obedient daughter who was listening leaned over to me and asked quite audibly in her shrill little four-year old girl voice, 'Mom, what is butt dust?'

Comment

I agree. Depending on how far on his fins the damage goes, he will probably be able to grow them back. But definitely separate the two. Most inhabitants with bettas find their flowing fins pretty irresistible. Step up the water changes, that will help tremendously with his recovery.
      "Millennium hand and shrimp!"

Comment

Working...
      X