Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothobranchius guentheri questions

My Tank
    Planted Tank (10 gallon) currently empty other then plants, but will be using it as my first foray into shrimping and Killi's. I'm currently thinking about shooting for 4 Otocinclus, 12 Crystal Red Shrimp, and hatching out some Nothobranchius guentheri (have a collection of 25 eggs?)

Will that sort of set up work? How are Notho's with CRS? I am about to hatch them out and fully expect losses, lol. If I end up with just a half dozen I think I'll be lucky. If I have more then I'll likely thin them out into small tanks or take them up to my LFS and they should be able to find them a home or toss them up here for anyone that might like to give them a shot.

(p.s. - I hope this is the correct subheading for this question, was not sure, Mods feel free to relocate/direct me to the correct location)
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Well I had a hatching of 2 from the original packet and they were 'teeny tiny/1/16"'. I successfully got them to about a 1/4" and transferred them to my 10 gallon planted tank. After two weeks, one has disappeared (?) while the other (presumably a male) has shot up to nearly a half inch and is bulging with daphnia/planaria/weird plant tank invertebrate stuff. He actively prowls the tank and is quite fond of bloodworms. I tried a second hatching of my media, but had no luck. I did order another clutch online and it just arrived from Thailand and WoW it is loaded with eggs. I now realized the other batch had few if any in it. Their hatch date is in April, so when I return from offshore I'll start the second batch, hoping for a female or few.... I'll try and get a picture of him next week before I head back offshore.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
    Desiderius Erasmus
    GHAC President

Comment

Working...
    X