Galaxy Rasbora Carpet Bling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy Rasbora Carpet Bling

I was cleaning out the 2211 on my open top tank and I saw one of my CPDs dead on the carpet. Still moist so I estimate about an hour or so. I didnt know they can jump out. FML. Now I'm down to 4.

I know they're not very expensive but they have grown to be my favorite species.
    Houston Area Aquatic Plant Society
    Also follow us on Facebook and APC

any fish can jump out, sorry for your loss
    I make people happy

Comment

Thanks man. They just didnt strike me as strong swimmers.

Comment

sucks man sorry.

btw, i sent you a pm on another issue.
        FRENCH FRY!!!

55g - Vieja Synspilum 'Biotope'

Comment

That really sucks, man. Sorry about the loss.

By the way, I want to eventually get into breeding them myself, in part because they're beautiful and in part because if we can flood the market with inexpensive tank-bred CPDs, we might cut down on the imports that are endangering the fish.

In any case, you're breeding them by that point, I'd rather buy from someone local than anyone who buys from a distributor, so you'll be my guy.
          Trogdor was a man. Or maybe he was a dragon man. Or maybe he was just a dragon. But he was still TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!

You know, fish are great. I love my fish. But what I really want is a monkey.

Comment

Thanks. I'm waiting for FRII to get some after next week. Then I'll buy a lot more. The one I lost was mature, fully colored. Took 5 months to get there. Anyone else breeding these locally?

Comment

I just got 8 of them today that I purchased via aquabid. Beautiful little fish! Are they easy to breed? I've got them in a 10 gallon with 5 Longfin Whiteclouds and 1 angel. In retrospect, save for the angel, not the the best of tank mates, asthetically speaking (their size and colors are nearly identical, just one has stripes and one has spots), but otherwise, so far they seem to actually want to kinda mingle. I plan to also put some shrimp in there (I want green ones, just have to find some), but I have to find something to do with the little angel. It was one of those ADD inspired impulse buys that I don't know why I bought it (especially since the shrimp were the first planned inhabitants)... I was told it wouldn't bother the shrimp, though, I've since found out otherwise...

Comment

Working...
              X